Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Boar

Recurve Q

Boar

Have a recurve with a sloped tapperd rest, what kinda a arrow rest is used, sent my wife to the store, my bad, she brought home a bear hair arrow rest, but i was thinking that arrow will still slide of due to the tappered rest area, Was hoping shed have bought the one stick on one with the little arm flange thingy that sticks out. I thing that one is the right type due to the make up of the bow. Right?

Scoot

Have a recurve with a sloped tapperd rest...

I want to make sure we understand what your'e saying so we can get you good info. When you say "sloped, tapered rest", you must mean the shelf, not the rest, correct? By this I'm guessing you mean that if you put an arrow on the shelf and hold the bow straight up and down, the arrow falls off? I'm not trying to nit pick- just making sure we understand...

sticknstring

A lot of guys will shoot right off the shelf. The previous shooter may have canted the bow if the shelf was tapered. Not sure on that one. You could either re-mold the shelf so it's level and fits your shooting style or use a rest. I started with a brush rest and like it a lot. A stick on rest would work great as well. Happy shooting!

Cheetah

I shoot off the shelf with my Martin Dream Catcher. Have seen other bows with a slanted shelf though where you wouldn't be able to shoot off a hair rest on the shelf.

I am guessing you want a rest like this?

cavalier_t300.jpg

I see some on the FS Discount Archery online catalog for $6.99.

Lancaster Archery Supply has a few recurve rests on their site also.

Boar

Yea the shelf, its fabricated that way, just kinda slopes down not really a shelf, just a shoulder that drops away gradually.

lichen fox

Boar, are you sure you're not holding the bow upsided down? grin

Archerysniper

It sounds more like a long bow where the arrow rests on your hand to me I guess. 2c

engfish

Boar, are you sure you're not holding the bow upsided down? grin

That made my day... grin

Boar

Lol! Yea i even checked ha!. Thats funny stuff right there. full-2178-19704-0422122051.jpg

full-2178-19705-0422122051a.jpg

turn your head to see the first one. Im not much on traditional archery equipment but to me its a recurve.

Archerysniper

I would shoot that one off the shelf without a rest and it's a recurve and sure is pretty.

Boar

Really? I would of thought to use a rest. Dose on have to slightly hold the arrow with index finger? It will drop off without doing so.

Cheetah

I think you need the little prong rest thing like what I linked above.

Scoot

I see two options- shoot the arrow off the shelf while canting your bow a bit (obviously, it'll fall off if you don't) or do as Cheetah suggests and put on a flipper style rest.

sticknstring

Shooting off the shelf or canting isn't for everyone. Try it for awhile & if that style doesn't suit you, pop on a rest. You going to bear hunt with that beauty this fall?

Boar

Thanks guys for the in put, naw stick, its for my daughter an were gona shoot bolts outa a horizontal this year, cant wait.