• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

RAGOM Golden Retriever missing- Orchard Lake area

Rebel9921

A RAGOM rescue Golden Retriever apparently got away from his foster parent last Saturday and has been missing since in the Orchard Lake area... He was last sighted in the wooded area off Kenyon Ave on the west side of I-35 near the trailer park... searchers reported seeing a leash trail (he still has his leash on) leading into the wooded area off Kodiak Ct... the wooded area is between 175th St and Kettering Trail... Also, a woman called saying that her son saw a Golden Retriever with a leash on Orchard Lake Sunday... Apparently he was seen in either North or West area of Orchard Lake...

Kekoa is a 7 years old dark red Golden Retriever... he has two collars on him... one being a harley davidson and other being purple... He also has a RAGOM tag on him...

Heres the link to the flyer... Contact number is posted on the flyer...

http://ragom.org/Kekoa/Kekoa_Flyer.pdf

Please KEEP a close eye out for Kekoa when you're ice-fishing on Orchard Lake or whenever you're in the area... Its very vital that we find Kekoa seeing how the cold front moved in tonite...

Kekoa respond to males better than females... Answers to either "Kekoa" or "Buddy"... two claps will also tend to get a response out him too, along with "cookie"...

Many thanks!!!

It seems that a leash trail has been spotted in Ritter Park south of 185th... This would put Kekoa in an area between Orchard and Marion... Just an update...

I post this with a very heavy & sad heart... The search for Kekoa has ended Sunday afternoon... He has been found but it was too late as he already has passed over the Rainbow Bridge...

Volunteers again scourned over the area surrounding Ritter Farm Park in Lakeville and finally found Kekoa barely noticable laying peacefully in the snow off I-35... It has been determined that he was struck by a vehicle and killed... it was also estimated that he was laying there since Monday or Tuesday... The searcher(s) who found him has said that it was obvious that Kekoa didnt suffer...

It was determined that Kekoa traveled approximately 2 miles south after bolting from his foster home, before a break in the fence allowed him to access the I-35 cooridor where he traveled back north for another 100 or so yards before crossing eastward, being struck by a vehicle...

Kekoa was released to his previous owners, who had surrendered Kekoa out of pure love believing that RAGOM would be better suited to help Kekoa with his severe anxiety problem which apparently got worse after Kekoa's older brother, Kainoa (also a Golden Retriever), passed away earlier... Kekoa's owners brought him back to Wisconsin for proper burial earlier tonight... Kekoa's owners made treks over here from Fond du Lac, Wisconsin twice to help with the search including an all-nighter drive on Monday night, arriving here Tuesday morning and again last Friday...

This tragedy has brought out the best in many who had volunteered in many different ways, from the search parties who endured cold temperature to the people who made donations towards the "Find Kekoa" fund up to members of RAGOM who spearheaded this whole effort... God Bless all of you who helped in every way possible and RAGOM... Even tho it wasnt safely, we still got to bring Kekoa home...

Yes very sad. I have fostered a few Goldens for RAGOM and have adopted 2. This is a very sad story indeed. Anytime we loose a Golden in the RAGOM family it is so to hear.