Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
MI Friend

Missing Friend?

MI Friend

Would be good to get some info and the real story? Hope it is a happy ending?

ozzie

What information would you like to know? He left his family and friends without notice and left a note that said "Sorry I love you guys bye". His last known gps location of his last phone record was approximatly off Hwy 95 and cty rd 6 west of Princeton MN. He was having some difficulties in his life and I believe that he was digging himself a deeper hole and couldn't face the people that cared about and loved him. He has not had any contact with family or friends since 7/20/2011 and has not turned on his phone or used any credit cards or anything to track where he might be or going if he is still alive. I hope for the best but prepare for the worst with my best friend and neighbor. The guy is really smart so I still hold hope that he is still alive but with the facts that I have it is hard to believe he would not make contact with someone he knows after 2 weeks now. I have a feeling that he will be found once the leaves fall off the trees and the states near million hunters take to the field. Unfortunatly that is my belief but if november comes and goes without notice then I will believe more that he left anD is trying to start a new life. If yoU would like to ask me questions go for it and I will answer the ones that need be answered.....I am taking a vacation though for the next 5 days to clear my head from all of this and to regroup but I will answer questions on Monday the 8th.....Thanks for looking at the post and keep hope out there that my friend is still alive and will soon realize he needs to face his demons instead of running away from them!!

Thanks,

David Ostmoe aka ozzie

leech~~

Was he driving a car and they have not found it anywhere yet? maybe I missed that?

Eyewitness

Ozzie, I live in Elk River and keep my eyes peeled all the time, however my gut instinct is to think that after two weeks if the vehicle hasn't been found yet, he has left the area and is in some city somewhere trying to start a new life with high hopes of a new beginning. Not too many places you can hide a vehicle for this long. Especially a truck with a big ole logo on it. Does he have any experiences living elsewhere in his past? People tend to gravitate to what they know or are familiar with...just curious.

motley man

Is there a area in the state that we should keep our eyes open to look that he would go to.

ozzie

sorry guys I went on a much needed vacation.....He went to school at Moorhead so that could be an area....but past that he pretty much lived in Dayton, Elk River, Becker, and Zimmerman. His vehicle has not been located and still we have had no new information. I hope he is trying to start a new life and didn't end his but I really hope for his families sake that they get some closure soon as it is really taking it's toll on them as one could imagine!! Thanks for keeping your eyes open and if there are any more questions you have please ask away.......

FISHINGURU

We should save our resources for people that are actually missing and not running away and abandoning their family.

This isn't even a missing persons case, a person can't be considered missing if they are an adult and leave on their own will.

motley man

And if was your family member, I wonder what you would say.

Shack

We should save our resources for people that are actually missing and not running away and abandoning their family.

This isn't even a missing person’s case, a person can't be considered missing if they are an adult and leave on their own will.

This is exactly what our resources are for. smile There is no history that has been brought to light, very little "reason" other than assuming the worst for the friends and loved ones involved to go on. It's the first assumption that comes to mind, especially with a note like the one left in this case. Ozzie is directly connected to this more than you or I. He has good/more reasons to find closure with this than anyone else below him on the friends and family totem-pole. They do not have answers and they loved and cared for him, so assumptions become the alternative. This is why the authorities get involved. Being an American citizen, the one "right" we all are entitled is to NOT just be written off until proof, facts and conclusions are presented.

Still, NO one knows what happened and would include the agencies which are actively looking for him. Foul play cannot be ruled out, which they are not ruling out. As far as I know the missing persons report was filed and is still officially open so I will continue to respect this till it is closed. smile

FISHINGURU

And if was your family member, I wonder what you would say.

I would say the exact same thing.

ANYFISH2

Fishinguru, with all do respect, lets leave these threads for info and questions, not a lesson on your moral compass.

The family needs help, so lets just try to help them!

ozzie

Guru-

Maybe you are right and he did just leave to start a new life...but he left a family, 2 daughters, a business, and friends that all need some type of closure. Even if he did go to start a new life he still has to be responsible for the life he left here mostly his 2 young daughters!! It is a situation I hope you never have to go through. Just imagine your close friend, neighbor, hunting buddy, a guy you talk to or [PoorWordUsage] with darn near every day for the last 10 years just ups and vanishes. I definatley don't want anyone to have to go through this as it is a bizaar nightmare but you can't just up and walk out on a life and expect a start over on a clean slate without giving the ones that care about you a little idea as to what is going on in your head. I appreciate all the help and the eyes that are still keeping hope that soon we will get some type of closure.

Thanks,

David Ostmoe aka ozzie