Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
MinnetonkaMan

How's the bite on Winnie??

MinnetonkaMan

Hey Guys Just checking how the bite is going right now. We were up there the weekend before the fourth and did fairly well out on the west end bars. I'm not in need of any spots or depths I just want an opinion if it is worth heading up there next weekend August 4 for eyes. I will report when I get back on that Sunday!!! Thanks for all the info ahead of time!!!

Corey20

The bite has been a little tough, then when you do get into them most are catching fish in the slot. Moving around finding the active fish seems to be key right now. Depending on the conditions fish can be found in all depths right now using every type of technique!

Jason Boser

it has been tough to find keepers at times. but there are still fish to be caught. bars and humps have been the best and the tops of some of those bars have been good at times also

Jason

walleyes4me

we fished a few different spots on Winnie over the weekend and did ok. Once you found them you could catch a few eaters. It seemed to me like the bigger fish were schooled together and the eaters were the same way. I fished in a few areas I had never fished before and like the guys said they can be in any depth and anyplace. Friday night we caught them in deeper water ranging from 18 - 32 feet with spinners and a crawler or leech. Saturday there was a good breeze in the morning and we found them in 9 - 13 feet of water the crawlers out did the leeches on Saturday.

FutbolGuru

It seemed to me like the bigger fish were schooled together and the eaters were the same way.

I fish Winnie the first full week in August annually and we've always had the exact same experience. We either get into the big ones or we get into the small ones... there are upsides to both scenarios lol.

On another note, with the slowwww thaw and high water this season... has anyone noticed differences in fish location/patterns this year vs past years? It seems like you can usually begin to get into them in shallower areas at this time of year but all the reports I've seen are still stating run and gun on the bars...

Corey20

The pattern and locations seems to be same as past years. The lake level is actually about the same or lower then last year. With the water temps being in the mid to upper 70's the fish are deep. Get the right conditions and you can also find them shallow.