Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  

Vex and/or Polar Vision

I think it depends on how much you want to spend. The vex will shoot through most ice as long as the ducer is wet. I usually bring a cup of water or dehydrate myself spitting. This year we were lucky because there wasn't much snow so holding the vex on the ice worked great. If the ice is much thicker than 2.5 ft it gets difficult to read. The ice either has to be completely smoothe or wet in order to get a reading. If you got the extra cash burnin holes I'd say get the polar ice but its really not a neccessity as I see it.

I am trying to decide whether or not I need the Polar Vision handheld sonar if I get a Vexilar? I read somewhere that the Vexilar only shoots through clear ice but the Polar Ice shoots through all types of ice. Will the Vex shoot through all kinds of ice also? Anyone have any suggestions or comments?
Thanks in advance!

hunt4food

I use both. Call me spoiled I guess. I have been using the vexilar for many years. I just bought the Polar Vision a couple of months ago. I do a lot of pike fishing and use tip-ups. I am usually not trying to locate fish. I love the Polar Vision for that. it is more compact and easier to operate. I would say it is about the same as far as being able to read through the ice. The Vexilar is a little quicker of course. if I am fishing for anything other than Pike, I would not use my Polar Vision. You cannot compare the Polar Vision to a Vexilar when it comes to locating fish. Buy the Vexilar first and buy the Polar Vision when you get the extra dough saved up!

hunt4food

I had that coming I guess. Just for the record though....my Vex is an FL-8. Not the new FL-18. I won't have an FL-18 until next year. smile.gif

Someday I'll have both too, And people will call me a scissor bill. But college ain't cheap! I'm grateful for the gas to get to the lake. grin.gif

hunt4food

Yeah, I remember those days. We used to scrape the bottoms of our pockets to buy 3 cases of Pfeiffers returnable bottles and two scoops of minnows for 10 bucks. We hoped like heck to catch fish because we had to eat too! I still think we made the right decision. We didn't starve usually and the Pfeiffers wasn't that bad. Actually, I kind of miss those days.