• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Rochester Area Fishing Reports (Zumbro, Reservoirs, Foster Arend, Chester Wood)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• icky

• northernfishin

• Redbeard5289

• *CRAPPIEKING*

Was out there today and we nailed the crappies a bull gills lots of jigging with minnow heads and tails. Pink custom jigs and spins ratsos worked the best. strait off the landing 10-15 ft of water.

What landing are you speaking of? I am heading out on Sun. would like to hit it. Has anybody made it out to rattle snake?

Never made it just wasn't to sure about it. I talked to another guy and said he didn't think people were out there after the rain. But we did hit a local pond and the ice is great I would say 10" or so and the fishing was pretty darn good. Hopefully somebody will venture out on the zumbro. Does anyone know if the flood hurt the river or did it just hurt shady lake. Thanks

ice in front of fishermans inn as i'm told 8-10 but further out ya go the worse it gets....that was of saturday the 1rst.. hope the cold seals it up...

• 2 weeks later...

so the ice out there is drivable????? how big were the eyes? good to see they are sticking in there.

What has been the best morning or evening? Thinking about going tomorrow or maybe I'll stay all day!

• 2 weeks later...

went out sunday, fished all day tried lots of spots and caught lots of fish! grin anyone else doing good out there?

no luck? must have been the day haha caught alot of the 8"ers that got put back and enough 10 and 11" to make it worth your time. The fish would come threw and you would pop 1 or 2 fish at a time, the bigger fish were more active and would move more to get your bait. All the crappies were caught on minnows. The most active time we had was early afternoon the later it got the slower it was. a hand full of post again and a over a 1000 views hahahhaha, kinda like the fish out there alot of lookers

• 4 weeks later...

What areas have you guys been trying? I am looking to hit up a couple here next week. I did try one out of town a little ways a week ago and could not keep my line in the water. Took a lot of sorting but ended up with a nice batch of pan fish to take home and eat. Let me know guys.

thanks

scott

i don't think that the 1000 views on the post was to find out the magic place to go....aka lurkers, most people that come here are killing time. you can go to any res/lake in the area to catch fish, whether you get em depends how much searching you want to do.

hahaha alright, your right what people post has nothing to do if there will be more people out on the water or not. i mean a report with a pile of slabs and pic probably wouldnt do anything for people, they would be just looking. that probably woulndt get them motivated to get off the couch, your right. grin coming from a person with a report ha

• 3 weeks later...
  • The topic was unpinned