• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

It's better further up...spoon tossing works well as you can avoid the floating ice pretty well if it's not too bad. Bobber fishing not as good, bottom fishing harder yet when theres intermittent skim/floating ice.

Is the shore line free of ice now ? thinking of heading to the shore for some casting the next couple of days . THANKS.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Is the shore line free of ice now ? thinking of heading to the shore for some casting the next couple of days . THANKS.

Went all the way past Silver bay on Sat, morning and it all looked open all the way up. Good size waves on Sat, to keep things moving. No ice in sight! Good luck! wink

It's not safe after the wind we had, all we need is some nar nar to have a problem out there and they will close it for the winter. be safe

Ok Im heading down to the shore tomorrow for sure if it is free of ice. can someone give me a report if it is clear of ice or not? sorry to keep asking.

• 4 weeks later...

Any fishing ice in Mquade harbor left?

Not likely. It was almost gone or unsafe earlier this week. Now we've had a week of temps never dropping below freezing, and the prospects of three days of rain. I think the season has passed my friend.

Not likely. It was almost gone or unsafe earlier this week. Now we've had a week of temps never dropping below freezing, and the prospects of three days of rain. I think the season has passed my friend.

Thanks for the update. I always like to try it at least once a winter. It's just fun looking down the hole at them when they come in. Oh well, next year! frown

was there today and yesterday but no luck, had a bite. anyone else having any luck out there

?

I would think that ice is gone now with this weather. anybody see the lake today? how bad is it?