Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Rick

Mille Lacs Lake Fishing Reports

BSG

Fished with a buddy today on the mud. Kept 7 perch, nothing smaller than 10". Lots of small perch down there. 10-15 tulibees between the two of us also. 2 small walleyes, and this kicker 25" right before we packed up.

1000693as7.jpg

BigWhopper

BSG - nice pic! Thanks for sharin. What lures were u catchin all the tullibee on? waxies or minnow heads?? Headin up on Friday to chase'm. Prob on the flats somewhere.

ndsufootball

Nice fish BSG. I was in 27 feet of water on the mud. Had the camera down saw tons of perch. Only managed to catch a few. Had one flag go up about 645. Put the camera back down in the morning and it was like the perch turned into walleye. Seemed like just as many and all our group managed to get was an 8lb eel pout. I thought for sure it would be a better bite but it was tough. Good signs to come though.

bearslayer

Spent Friday and Sat. on different mud flats and only managed 2 small walleyes. Sat. night had about 12 come in on vex. between 4:30-6:30, but could only get 1 to bite. Tough bite. All the walleyes I found were on the tops of flats, 23-25 fow. Watched them on camera come in, but wouldn't hit. Tried lots of different presentations.

BSG

Thanks Guys.....Tulibees came on rattlin flyers with minnow parts (heads,tails, bodies) for the most part, a few came on whole minnows with smaller jigs. For the most part it was slow for us also.... keep moving, pounding bottom and move and pound some more.

Flakeoutdoorsguy

nice fish

MILLELACMANIAC

Nice Eye BSG!

Norsky

Good weekend out on Mille Lacs, these two walleyes were caught within 30 minutes of each other. The older guy is my father in-law, biggest eye he's ever caught (28inches) Mine was around 27 inches-very fat and healthy. The jumbos were going good again, ended up keeping around 20 that were from 11-13 inches. Fun weekend with the nice weather.

I'm not sure how to get the pics on here, but the link works.

walleyepics

Shack

Very nice fish Norsky!

I knew I should have went up Sunday tired

MILLELACMANIAC

Nice job on the EYES Norsky!

KTapper

So has the bite on Mille Lacs picked up? I have wanted to take a trip up there. where would a good place to start on the lake for walleyes? I would really appreciate it. KTapper21@gmail.com

troutmadness

Nice going Norsky!

stretch

thanks for the call brad. thats a nice fish. are you heading up there this weekend at all?

cjw

was up this past sat,started on blue jug didnt to to well.we ended up at 3 mile(out of nittis)started out bad but 2 hours before dark and with my camera i saw more walleyes than i have ever seen in my life.my buddy missed 3 and pulled in 1 17incher,it was crazy 3 or more at a time on my screen(not small either)was on a break line it went from 26 and gravel to 31 and silt.once it got to dark and couldnt use the camera it slowed up.

schu

Fished the flats last weekend and caught a number of fish. On saturday ended up with a doz. jumbos, 6 walleyes, and some tulibees. We looked like a couple of Ioweagans out there with the shmorgasboard laying on the ice. We had a good time and steady but not fast action.

Kiko

Schu,

When you caught the jumbos were you just off the flat or way off the flat? Minnow head or larve? Going up tonight to fish the Mud. Hoping for good things.

dilleyo

Me and a couple of buddies went up on Monday out of Agate Bay to a different buddies shack. Caught a couple of dink perch and a couple of dink eyes. Then about 11pm on Monday night we caught about a 5lb eelpout and about 8am on Tuesday morning we caught a fat 26in walleye. We missed a couple on the way up around the same time as the 26incher hit, so we didn't get a chance to see them, but they were pretty nice fish. The 26 was caught on a crappie minnow on a jig that my buddy was fishing for perch with. Driving off the ice on Tuesday was a little scary as there was a ton of water on the roads with no snow and it looked like we were driving on open water. Kinda an eerie feeling,.

schu

Kiko-

I was looking for walleyes so I was using a buckshot jig with a minnow head and I was in about 28 fow. I marked a lot of fish on the vexilar but I am sure that they were smaller perch and walleyes. The bigger marks that did come in seemed to chase and bite. I was fishing right on the edge of the flat- had 24 feet about 10ft. behind me and 30ft. right out the door of my otter.

Good luck

maros91

My buddy and I just got back from the pond. We did pretty good. 17 perch, all 10"-12.5" from about 10am to 12:30pm. After that the bite slowed considerably. Genz bug and larva was the trick for me. Pound the bottom to stir things up then shake your jig and fish on. Yummy perchies for dinner tonight.

Insp Gadget

Biff,

Nice to see your avatar again! Care to share the general conditions you were in? depth and type of area, not specific flat or bar. I'm heading up Saturday am with my porty and 4x4 and going to explore but watching the reports to narrow the choices.

Good report, thanks!

late night

I think the other picture was better.

Insp Gadget

I'm not sure about you but I wouldn't say no to either!!

(sorry honey, but she's on my list of 5)

maros91

Biff,

Care to share the general conditions you were in? depth and type of area, not specific flat or bar.

30'-32'. Sand to silt bottom. Remember to pound the jig and shake it to cause comotion. While walking on the ice you would break through the first inch and then hit all the water the rain left. Some places the water was ankle high making it hard to travel from hole to hole. Stay on the move! I would catch 2 keepers out of a hole then the dinks would move in. When they move in it is time to move!

Insp Gadget

Thanks Biff, will give a good try!

cjw

was up on thur and there was alot of spots where there was over 1 foot of water.it limited where you could go by the time i left most of it was frooze over.shouldnt have any problem going any place on the lake(hardly any snow left)