Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Beef46

Orchard Lake

Beef46    0
Beef46

Went over to Orchard yesterday for the first time. Was moderately impressed.

Saw a fellow FMer's vehicle and trailer in the parking lot. Maroon SUV with a big a** Fishing Minnesota.com decal on the door. Too bad I didn't know which boat you were in. I would have came over and said hello.

Got on the water about 10:30 am and left about 2:30pm.

In the 4 hours caught:
4 Pike
2 Muskies
6 Bass
4 Sunnies
1 Crappie

The pike were about 3-4 lbs (They went back in the lake to grow some more).
The Muskies were 5-6 lbs (They went back in the lake to grow some more)
Bass were in the 1-2 lb range (Still swimming)
The sunnies and crappie were small (Still swimming)

Good first impression though. Was a fun 4 hours. I will definately go back again as it is only about 15 minutes from where I live.

Beef46    0
Beef46

What boat were you in? I was in a Gray and White Crestliner Superhawk. 115 Johnson (White motor, not many of them)

Beef46    0
Beef46

Yeah I saw you.

Well, hello after the fact.

Fished Orchard today looking for some Tiger action. Had one follow (about30ish) and my 16 year old son got a 20 inch walleye. Went to take out the rig and notice some A-Hole hit my trailer with damage. Left tail Light smashed to pieces and a bent taillight frame. The person didn't leave a note. I hope this person never catches a fish again!!!!!!!

Brian(AKA muskieschaef)

Beef46    0
Beef46

Walleyes in that lake huh? I saw a lot of fish on my finder in 21-23 fow that looked like they could be walleyes.

kpj5br    0
kpj5br

I'm on Orchard all the time, usually about twice a week.

I have a white Expedition in the parking lot and a tracker tournament V out on the water.

Motor up and say hi next time if I'm out!

I always have a lot of fun on Orchard, there are great fish in the lake, and generally from what I've seen it doesn't get pressured hard (aside from one story on another post I did). With it's small size, most people C&R on it. One of the cool things is the health of the predator population. Keeps the sunnies nice and above average. It's also the one place a non-pro like me can hunt muskies with at least some level of confidence...

Slyster    0
Slyster

Where is this Orchard lake? I cant find it on my maps!

bkft    0
bkft

I live in Apple Valley and have run over to Orchard a couple times. I usually find the bass and northern around the two main-lake weed beds, but where does one find the muskies? The DNR web site said they were in there, but I've yet to see one in there. Thanks!

John

Beef46    0
Beef46

I caught two muskies on Monday. Both in 12-15 FOW.

Slyster,

I'll send you another e-mail after my meeting at work with some info.

The DNR has been stocking walleyes in Orchard for the past 2 years. I was very happy to see that the walleyes are growing nice in this lake. I only fish Orchard in June and October for Muskies. Tigers(Big girls) are hard to catch when the water temps get into the 70's. For Orchard muskies work bewteen the 12-18 FT breaklines and throw crankbaits and 3/4 spinnerbaits. Orange seems to be the color of choice!!! Every year I catch a legal from this lake. In 2000 I caught and released a 46 incher and 2002 I caught and release a 39" pike. Please C.P.R your muskies that you catch in this lake!!! This lake is small and this lake depends on C.P.R. If you guys is a green AlumacraftMag175CS come over and say HI and we will compair notes.!!!

Brian(AKAmuskieschaef)

bkft    0
bkft

Thanks Beef and Brian for the great muskie info. I'm excited to try my luck!

fishhollwood    0
fishhollwood

Does Orchard Lake have a Peir or any shore fishing? I would like to fish it, since I live so close to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
fishhollwood

buzzsaw    0
buzzsaw

I live in the back SW corner of the lake and have found it to be a little gem in the short time that I've been fishing it. Look for me in a tan & black Crestliner sportfish w/pewter colored Tahoe and say hello! I have not yet tried for the muskies out there but have had success with crappie and Bass out there. It's kinda nice that there is only so many parking spots at the landing, it keeps the amount of pressure down. What does anybody know about the Walleye population in here? I've heard there are a few but not many and now I read that the DNR is stocking them out there.

ogre    0
ogre

Had a good time on Ochard this morning. I not only caught a few fish but also enjoyed watching others catching too. At one point, all three boats in the little area caught fish at the same time, someting I have not seen happen in too long. I left after catching a few realy nice bass and some good sized sunnies.

buzzsaw    0
buzzsaw

I'll be out there Sunday morning early from 6-9ish and will report back in on Monday.... Saturday has Lake Minnetonka written all over it.

Da Saw

Beef46    0
Beef46

Buzzsaw,

How big were the Crappies you were catching? The one I caught was about 6".

buzzsaw    0
buzzsaw

Beefy, The largest was a 13 inch and two 11 inchers... go to the small grass island that is now grown up and work around it and towards the point that comes out to the east of this area....

Beef46    0
Beef46

Buzzsaw,

shocked.gif

Thanks. I know where you are talking about.

Would you mind shooting me an e-mail? I have a question for you.

bryan.rozeveld@eaglegl.com

[This message has been edited by Beef46 (edited 06-18-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Beef46 (edited 06-18-2004).]

Beef46    0
Beef46

PS.

When I was there on Monday I saw a Tiger floating belly up over by the point on the east side of the lake. I am guessing it went 8-10 lbs. Poor guy.

I hate seeing that.

sdghsdgj    0
sdghsdgj

can someone email me at tylerflom13@yahoo.com with 2-3 starter spots?

Beef46    0
Beef46

Taking my wife out there tomorrow. She is still mad at me for having her on the St. Croix for 7 hrs and not catching anything.

It was her first time out. I violated the number one rule in taking newbies fishing and it cost me dearly. "Make it brief, only a few hours." I thought 7 seemed like a few.

She told me she would go if I promised her she would catch fish.

Orchard won't let me down.

I'll also be out there Thursday by myself.

fisherman-andy    0
fisherman-andy

Beef,

You mean you couldn't even get her to land a sheepie? Man.. that was tough! I was out there over the weekend & sheepie's were all over. A fish is a fish...