Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Beef46

White Bear Lake Reports.

Beef46

Anyone have any recent White Bear Lake reports? I am going out next week with a buddy and have never fished this lake. If anyone is willing to share any decent areas (not necessarily Hot Spots) it would be greatly appreciated.

We will be going out after work so we will probably fish crappies early and try to locate some walleyes later in the evening.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Beef46

Bump..

Failin'onPhalen

I was out last sunday and had marginal luck. My bro and I fished around ordway bar 5-15fow. Caught a couple of crappies using fatheads and lindys/bare hook.

Fished the 'sunken island' along the north-side of that same bay and caught a few snakes. Bobber fished there at dusk with jigs and caught a couple of smaller walleyes.

Good luck!
Phalen

LuckBites

If your fishing after dark, try trolling some raps (floaters, countdowns, shallow shad) in the shallows. The windy sides are a good place to start. Don't be afraid to troll above or in some weedier areas.

Beef46

Bump....

Any more info would be appreciated. Going out this Thursday after work.

I did here there are some BIG sunnies coming out of there right now.

Thanks in advance.

TheGuy

I don't think you will catch anything in White Bear Lake. You may have to sell your boat to me for 50 bucks. I wish you the best of luck floating around the lake!!

------------------
Get the Net!!

Beef46

You mean kind of like you fishing in the boundary waters???? Tee hee.

Sorry man, my boats not for sale.

Slyster

hey Beef.. email me at pete.2 @ slyster . com

I got something for you.

Beef46

Slyster,

You've got mail.

Ortlo

Luckbites - Don't you have anything better to do that troll with the raps?

Beef46

Well, was on WBL last nite and it was average. A few snakes, a few eater Sunnies (put em back though) a bunch of 1 lb bass, a 14" Walleye within 10 minutes of getting on the water(put him back).

Wasn't great but caught fish. Beautiful nite to be out.

BUT SOMEONE NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT BOAT LAUNCH!!!!!

I watched 4x4 trucks get stuck trying to pull out their boats. I waited for an hour for 3 boats to pull out. And who in the he!! is going to put a curb in the middle of a sand launch. Just plain stupid.

PS. I had a van and had no problems getting out. Just did it the smart way.

Sly, thanks for the info. It did help a bit. The spots we caught most of the fish I had marked on my Lakemaster Software and GPS and what you sent me confirmed what I had marked. We caught fish there.

united jigsticker

Last time I was there, between the trailer sinking into the sand, and the big heave in the ramp, and the steep nature of it already, I almost needed 4-low to get the boat back out.

Whew! It can be a doozy.

If I had 2 wheel drive, I would probably still be there, tires smoked down to the steel belts. grin.gif

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
unitedjigsticker@aol.com

Bill-E-Bazz

Was there last night with ebass for the first time. It wasn't to bad , we caught about 6 fish in a couple of hours, mostly on top waters. Man is that lake clear as water or what!! Are there any tips anyone can give to catching bigger bass any help would be great!!
They certainly have to do something about that launch. If you have a somewhat heavy boat you better have a 4x4. If I didn't have it I probably would still be there. Saw a guy out there last night in a brand new f350 w/duallys get stuck with his back wheels buried. We tried to help but nobody had a tow rope.

Good Fishin'...

Pig_sticka

I used to fish with spinnerbaits along the cattail beds and did pretty good for bigger sized bass. Did hook into one that would go near 5-6 pounds, had him on for a while until he broke the line. Dock fishing was also pretty good when the sun was out.

bass-o-matic

What landing are you guys talking about, or is there only one landing?

rtwills

they are talking about ramsey beach launch on hwy. 96
I went out for a few hours this afternoon pike were hitting well in 10-11 feet,hitting on lindy rigs with small shiners,caught about 40-50 northerns between noon and 7 pm .ordway point was the main spot, also hit a bunch on the south shore from the point into mahotemedi bay

rtwills

I have a couple of pics of the 3 I kept but do not know how to publish....anyone help?

rtwills

%7Boption%7Dhttp://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4d839b3127cceb0c44b9810ae0000001010%7Boption%7D
47b4d839b3127cceb0c44826d1b90000001010

rtwills
47b4d839b3127cceb0c44b9810ae0000001610

47b4d839b3127cceb0c44826d1b90000001610

rosspj59

Those are some healthy looking northerns. Sounds like you had a great day! Must be nice to fish during the week. I am very jealous of that. Catch any muskies on this pattern?

rtwills

No didnt see any skis but most of the pike were pretty good size I just wish i had the kids with me...

DaveyJWBL

BIG bass - try deeper water. I have caught many 3-5 pound bass fishing in 20 - 30 feet of water fishing for walleyes.

Report: 2 nights ago I was out on White Bear Lake fishing with a buddy and we were flipping jigs with Berkley Gulps into the docks along the Birchwood shore fishing for bass - we caught our share of 10 - 12" bass when I set the hook on a fish that definitely was NOT a small bass. It was around 9:15 and it was starting to get dark. The line was flying off my reel and the fish went completely under the boat and jumped on the other side. Neither me or my buddy saw the fish jump, but we both heard the big splash...a couple minutes later my buddy netted my 33" Northern! I've always known there are bigger Northerns in WBL but usually only catch the pound and a halfers the lake is noted for. Great fight...a lot of fun to catch. There were two 10 year old (or so) girls sitting on the end of the dock where I caught the fish and both ran to shore scared when the saw me hold up the fish. I also caught a 17 1/2" smallie in the Birchwood area. Not a bad night on my favorite lake!

Slyster

Beef... email me the spots where you had the greatest success on my map I sent you! Tx.. glad you had a good day! pete . 2 @ slyster . com

sdghsdgj

rtwills was that a average day for u? what was your biggest?