Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
CANOPY SAM

What's the word?

Boar

dosent look like I'll be making this year, to many things in the fire. Boar

CANOPY SAM

No run to the Rainy at all? Bummer! I'll probably drag you up there kicking and screaming yet.

How did the water look this weekend? Was it still pretty murky, lots of debris, high, moving too fast?

Anyone find decent numbers of fish in the river? How was boat traffic?

I wonder if it's not going to be a month behind - just like spring? Might be a dynamite first ice bite out of Morris Point. smile

fiskyknut

Sam.. Water still a tad murky for my liking, not as bad as Tuesday for sure! Current not to severe and debris not bad, levels just fine. 2 groups I spoke with did'nt do much on the river over the weekend, coupla fish here and there. Did the lake again, good fishing though Saturday mass quantities of small saugers had moved in and were hard to keep off the hook! Crowds?... Well the terrorists were out on force thru the week and over the weekend! MEA week and weekend is the busiest of the entire fall season. Running the 8-9 miles from Wabanica downriver and out to the lake Saturday morning we probably saw 200+ boats.. YIKES!! I did not see a bent rod or a net flying the whole way either! It was kinda breezy Saturday making it kinda feel chilly and a bit bumpy on the pond so perhaps thats why so many in the river? Temp on the pond was 49 midday Saturday, last Tuesday we had 47. Cooler nites this week will drop water temps and the fish should soon be going hard and heavy. Tourist count should drop off major now too making the fishing/catching better. Might just have to fish some river spots hard this week as it should happen bigtime any day now.

fiskyknut

bapperpimp

How big of jigs are guys using so far? I remember using upwards of 1 ouncers last year...

Northlander

From the days report around the Royal Dutchman the water is cleaning up in the river and the levels are back down a bit again. Some of the 15-18" fish and a few bigger ones tossed in.

Another report I got had guys getting into some nice fish by Clementson today. Jig size was 3/8 to 1/2. Unless we get a ton of rain I dont think the big 1oz mammas will have to be used this year. Best colors were orange/chart and Glow white. Last year was terrible with fast high water and debry. It hasnt been that bad from what I have heard. Lets hope it keeps clearing up like it is and the weather stays stable.

Cant wait we are heading out early sat and will be at the Dutchman Sat/Sun/Mon.

Boar

Last year when all that rain came late Oct. an pushed levels way up an clarity way low, we had to move in an hug the shoreline in six feet of water, an rip jig. It seemed that a bulrush shoreline was the ticket an anchor an cast you jig out rip jig back to the boat, the wallys would just crush it, that saved the weekend with nice 18 inchers limited out. Boar

colonel42

I went up Friday AM and was on the water by 11:00am. Back in our cabin by 12:30. Seven guys all with limits. Biggest was 25" many 23", 22". Ate one heck of a meal Friday night. In the Bar at Bayview there was no word of anyone catching too many fish. I guess we must have been in the right spot at the right time. Went out on Saturday morning to fill the limits and it took 45 minutes. Between seven guys and 2 hours and 15 minutes we boated at least 90 fish. What a blast. Best MEA weekend I have had in 20 years of going there. Also boated 10 sturgeon. Biggest was 49"

bapperpimp

Did you fish the lake or the river? Any depths you want to share?

colonel42

This was in the river. 20 feet pink and white 1/2 jig. If I give anymore info you better pick me up on the way. No net boy!!!!

Northlander

Can ya give us a area? We are headed up Sat morning for 3 days.

bapperpimp

Colonel42, thanks for the info. I have some other buddies that have been fishing the river in 19 fow with gold jigs and doing fairly well also. I am heading up on Friday and will be fishing on Sat and Sun. Hope the weather holds for us. Colonel, I will have room for one more in the boat...

No net boy? Is that comment made for me? If so, I have no idea what that means.

Northlander

Bapper where are you staying? We will be at the Dutchman sat,Sun,Mon nights.

bapperpimp

Northlander, I have a trailer at Arnesen's so I stay at my place there whenever I go up. I would guess we will unload either by Morris Point if we plan on fishing the Morris Point gap or at the public access if we plan on fishing the river area. I have heard both bites have been fairly strong. We will stop at Log Cabin Bait to get some live shiners Saturday morning to go along with our frozens. If you see a Warrior V193 with a 200 hp with 3 guys in it, give me a holler.

Bob

local laker

My group did well just up from Ships Wheel Resort, and a few other inlets in that area.Gorgeous weather last weekend!

PDOGG

If you see a Warrior V193 with a 200 hp with 3 guys in it, give me a holler.

I'll be the one drooling while you go by!! Sweet ride minus the steering wheel!

Northlander

We will have 1 group in a Maroon 20' ranger with a 225 yammy on it and PDOGG and myself will be in my Gheto ride. Its a 17' Lund Explorer with a 15 yammy 4 banger on it.

OOps I mean 115 Yamaha 4 stroke not a 15. That wouldnt be good.

PDOGG

The ghetto ride will catch more fish though!!

Northlander

If it dont Ill never hear the end of it I know that much. grin

Im not too worried though. One guy cant jig and the other guy ties bad knots. whistle

JumpStart73

Northlander, i'll crack a coors light with ya in the parking lot at the dutchman after a long day on the river. Our group will be up there fri sat sun. we are in a green sylvan with a 60 tiller.

Northlander

Jumpstart we are in room #7 and I drive a maroon F-150 that will have $600 in front end work and another $400 in new tires on it. mad You will know it when ya see it.

I knew I should have traded it in when truck prices fell as gas went up. Oh well I have to hang onto it for another 6 months longer now.

We can share a brew and see who did what.

Bring your lng johns. BRRRR its going to be a tad bit nipply. shocked

bapperpimp

Northlander and PDogg, I will keep an eye out for you and the big Ranger. Where do you think you will start on Saturday morning? We haven'e decided if we will start in the river or over by Morris Point. Drop me a line at robert dot nathe at target dot com if you want to exchange cell numbers. Usually, 2 heads (or should I say boat crews) are better than one.

PDOGG

Northlander, i'll crack a coors light with ya in the parking lot at the dutchman after a long day on the river.

If you want coor's light better bring your own. I won't have any of that flu-flu beer. J/K

PDOGG

I thought Northlander might chime in he'll have a better idea were we will be starting and such. I do know we are taking his boat which is the white Lund explorer with a 115. I'll send you an email and get your number we should have a nice network of boats working together up there!

bapperpimp

PDogg, sounds good. I have some buddies fishing on Friday so we are hoping to hook up with them for a report and if all goes well, have a good read on the fish for Saturday.

Northlander

Im waiting to get the best reports and we will launch wherever I got the best reports from. I like the Frontier area but will travel anywhere.

My boat is a BLACK Lund Explorer 17' with a 115 yamaha 4 stroke. Im the big ugly guy driving and Ill have on my Red/black Arctic Armor and either or orange stocking cap or a red bomber hat. Ill be the guy reeling in 25-33" walleyes one after another.

PDOGG will be the guy netting all those HOGS. cool