Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Tonka Bayt

Tonka Crappie Tournament!!!

Tonka Bayt    0
Tonka Bayt

Anyone fishing in the Minnetonka Crappie tournament. If you print out a copy of this message and bring it in to our store we will give you a FREE SCOOP OF CRAPPIE MINNOWS with every scoop you buy. We are located at 5680 Manitou rd (19 and Smithtown)
Tournament is April 24, 2004.

If my new signs are not up yet we are formerly Shorewood Market. See you at the weigh-in

Tonka Bayt
Hooks, lines, and thinkers.....

Trailblazin    0
Trailblazin

Tonka Bayt - You may want to just tell them it is the Shell Gas Station/Dred Automotive...I drive right by it and had to turn around to find it yesterday.

Tonka Bayt    0
Tonka Bayt

Yea, I guess I was talking more about the bait shop in Shorewood. You can bring the coupons to either location. Thanks for the business "trail" and the heads up. I hope they took care of you properly.

Thanks again

Tonka Bayt
Hooks, lines, and...... thinkers

MWard4400    0
MWard4400

Hi Tonka !

I will be thanking you on this Thursday when I stop by for some stuff and minnows.

Mark

Trailblazin    0
Trailblazin

Who is fishing the tournament this weekend?
I was thinking of launching around 5-6am after picking up bait from Tonka Bayt!

Tonka Bayt    0
Tonka Bayt

Thanks all, Crappie Tournament should be fun. I will be out there about 6:00 myself. Look for me at Fletchers and I will be handing out tshirts. Good luck!!!!!

Tonka Bayt
Hooks, lines, and .....thinkers.

taxmancommeth    0
taxmancommeth

I have heard that the tourney is a zoo... Tons of people, three of us were thinking about getting out before sunrise to beat the crowd. Is this necessary?

Also Tonka Bait how do I get to you store from 494? Stopping by after work as you will not be open till 5 in the morning.

Thanks

CrappieMagnet    0
CrappieMagnet

Taxman.

Take hiway 7 west to cty rd 19.Take right(N)
follow 19 approx 3.5 miles till you come to a stop sign.Tonka Bayt is in the strip mall on your right.I think the addy is 5680 Manitou Rd.

Good Luck All!

CM

Tonka Bayt    0
Tonka Bayt

Hey guys, Thanks for all the directions and stuff. Yes it is a zoo on the lake but when isn't it? Fortunetely there are not a lot of cruisers out yet, so at least we can move around. My new sign is up and the tackle is starting to come in. One thing is the dnr hasn't given me a license machine yet (sorry). Where a lot of the crappies are caught it will be boat by boat.

see ya Saturday

Tonka Bayt
Hooks, Lines, and ....Thinkers

SportFishin'    1
SportFishin'

Tonka Bayt

What time is the weigh in?

Also What are your shop hours?

I'm not going to fish the Tourney because I have the little guys tomorrow while Mom's off at some nutritional training for her Daycare, but would like to bring the Boys out for the weigh in & to see the Big Crappies.

Thanks

Chris

------------------
"I fish there for I am!"

Tonka Bayt    0
Tonka Bayt

The weigh-in is at 2:00 pm at Lord Fletchers. My shop is open every day from 6:00am-9:00pm at night. Thanks for asking!
Look forward to meeting you.

Tonka Bayt
Hooks, Lines, and ....Thinkers

taxmancommeth    0
taxmancommeth

What time should a person get to the landing to get the boat in the water?

Heard that anytime after 5: am, be ready to wait in lines. Would shouwing up at 5:30 be OK?

Slugo    0
Slugo

I don't know if this is any guide for access for the tourny... but I came off at Grays bay about 5:30 tonight and the parking was almost 1/2 full. I found lots of warm water but mostly dinks...didn't get a keeper til about 4:30 in 6 Ft of water.
I fished in mud to 10Ft... good luck to you contestants!

------------------
Crappie it's not just a fish it's a attitude!

IBOT #23

Whiskeywalleyes    0
Whiskeywalleyes

Well went out again and cover some areas, I bet that there will 1,000 boats in Setons & Black, Emerald is sure down? water levels are not what they used to be..I will se you all at the weight in I should have my limit by 6am and be weighted in by 7, my nice slabbers should supprise the crowd weighting in at 7am just in time for coffee and breakfast, tips are work the pre-spawning locations, weed edges 5-12'. I can't wait until 11 am to pull into setons and get out my muskie crank bait to launch them a good toss to "turn some heads" and get some attention to test them out., just kidding.. good luck..

[This message has been edited by Whiskeywalleyes (edited 04-23-2004).]

iFishMN.us    0
iFishMN.us

Anyone know how big the crappie was that won the tourney?

18 inch Crappie    0
18 inch Crappie

There was a story in the Sunday Star Tribune sports sec. 1st pace Steve Quam 1 lb 15oz
2nd Gabe Werra 1 lb 9oz, 3rd Jason Lock 1 lb 7oz. A 1 lb 2oz won the youth division.

pikemania    0
pikemania

I heard that a 1lb 3oz crappie won first place. I could not find crappies with any size and could not keep the bass off my line had to of caught about 20 of them.