• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2nd Annual Fall Frenzy - Oct 3rd, 4th and 5th

Paul Waldowski

Boy, where has the summer gone?

With Labor Day Weekend just around the corner it is once again time for fishing to start heating up again, and no where does it get any better than Mille Lacs in the fall.

We are inviting all FM'ers up for a little fishing and fun for the 2nd Annual Fall Frenzy held here at Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay. This is one event that you do not want to miss. Whether you are a diehard troller, or a first-timer, this is the event for you.

What follows is a tentative agenda for the weekend.

Friday:

3:00 - 5:00 check-in, meet and greet

5:00 - 6:00 Trolling Tactics Seminar - Tony Roach

6:00 - 7:00 Taco Bar

7:00 - ???? Let the trolling frenzy begin

Saturday:

AM - Breakfast on your own and then open morning

4:30 - 6:00 Open BBQ and [PoorWordUsage] Session

7:00 - ???? Time to implement everything that we learned

Sunday:

AM - Breakfast on your own and then open fishing

2:00 - Checkout

Cost is $100 per person for the weekend.

Call now for further details and to get your group registered for this event.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rodmaker

• PerchJerker

• polarsusd81

• riverrat56

This is a great opportunity to learn from some of the best walleye guys here on FM, and a great time overall. I'd highly encourage you to look into this great offer and great weekend.

I'll be bringing the muskie gear as well, as Appeldoorns is located on great muskie waters too!

I had a great time at the 1st Fall Frenzy. Planning to have a great time at the 2nd Fall Frenzy too.

Last years gathering was not only fun, but in attendance were some of the finer walleye anglers I've had the pleasure of meeting. The 75 degree and sunny lake shore seminar was one of the best I've been to.

If you are even remotely thinking about doing this, do it. It's an event you will not forget.

Anyone have a open seat in there boat for this GTG? Does the $100 count a place to sleep then the food is extra right? I would like to make this one so let me know. Thanks

Paul,

I was hoping you would do this again. Need to see how I can work this in around a Wedding also.

To anyone, thinking about going. Paul and the staff at Appeldoorn's will take care of you. Very nice Cabins, and awesome boat launching.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Definitely a good time with lots of very knowledgeable Mille Lacs anglers to ask questions. Wish I could be there for the great time and fishing you'll all have. I'm in Wi that weekend on a prior commitment.

Enjoy!

Chris,

Took your word on the Ram 2000 rod holders and ordered two of them over the weekend. Hopefully I can squeeze this in with a Wedding also this weekend. It may only be for a day or the night trolling though.

It was a good weekend for sure. Except for Fri. cold/misty. Sat was awesome weather.

Hey Paul, should we bring the waders this year to help get the launch boat out? whistle

I want to know if we're gonna see Paul take his atv out sailing again this year grin

I believe Dietz tried to go snokeling with the ATV. Paul just runs the tractor out of gas.

I think Deitz has one thing on his mind. Win his Dollar back from PerchJerker. grin

Agenda has been updated and finalized.

To answer a few of the questions.

Yes you can come up solo. We will coordinate the lodging as necessary. Yes you just call us to get make your reservation.

We will find open seats for those that need them.

I am planning on making it to this with fellow FM'er PDOGG, hopefully everything will work out, sure sounds like a good time.

Just getting my Dollar back from Dave might be enough motivation to come up smile

I'll be there with my dollar and my sharpie just in case .... but my plan is to collect, not to pay grin

Ok....reservation made. It was nice talking to you Paul.

Looking forward to meeting you.

As recommended I won't be bringing my 14 ft. boat so I will be looking for an open seat. grin

I do have references from FM'ers...the Annandale GTG and the Womens GTG at Lake Osakis.

If I can get up there and fish in your boat. I feel a "friendly wager" coming on!!! grin

Rodmaker, you better be bringin the new Yar Craft up there. I want to take a cruise in it and see how she handles the water. It is a great boat you have there.

If I can get up there, I'll have it along. Still trying to figure how to Squeeze it in with a Sat. Wedding. maybe come up for Fri eve, or Sat eve. I do like the YarCraft. Really handles the water nice.

Thanks for the compliment. grin

Sounds like fun. Just wondering as I have just run rods with line counter reels on other lakes, good for what is needed there? Wanted make sure my setup is good...

HFDude,

Line counter reels work great. We mainly pull husky jerk-baits and shadraps.

Paul,

Sounds like a blast. Will we FINALLY get to meet? I will check with the boys and see if I can get a boat full up for this event.

I just got off the phone with Paul. Me and my oldest fishing forum buddy Fishin4alivin are going to make it up for the event.

Sweeeet!

It will be cool to see you again Sean. Sounds like we will be having quite the crew up there this year. Bring on the rapalas...

Sadly, I won't be able to attend this year, and that's a real drag. I had a ball last year and from the looks of the roll call this year should be even better.

The reset for the GFCI is right inside the door of cabin 5. grin