Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Tim_Anderson

Musky Report

Tim_Anderson

We've been getting some really big fish lately. Last night's 54 incher really topped things off. We've had a few bigger ones in the boat, but never caught by me. This is my new personal best at 54 x 23. Guess I'm slowly inching my way up!

Pretty cool story to this fish. I had come in and finished my figure 8..switched hands and began to lift my bait out of the water. This fish came streaking in from the side from out aways...I could see it in the moonlight. I had pulled the bait out of the water and was heading into my next cast. There was no time to re-enter the bait. The musky came flying out of the water, and took it right out of the air! Of course, I had my drag down tight, and the fish had basically hung itself. Pandemonium hit, but I quickly got the spool released and got her away from the boat. The rest way pretty textbook. Good net job. Quick measurement and two pictures, and she was on her way.

We've been trying to catch them during the day, but most of the catching has been at night. As always, blades are doing the trick. They seem to be coming at sporadic times...sometimes first dark...sometimes well into the night. All you can do is put in your time. I heard of several other big fish being caught this week. We got a 51 incher as well a few days ago.

Good luck!

TIMS54P8140428.jpg

Shack

Cool Tim, Thanks for sharing!

Awesome fish!

hanson

Beautiful Fish!

Tim_Anderson

Got another beauty last night. 50 x 22. Headed out again tonight to try and keep the string going!

The Freak

Very awesome fish!!!!! Heading up there Sunday morning for a few days going to try and break my Mille Lacs drought. Do you care to say what side of the lake has been working best for you after dark?

Team Otter

That's how Tim Anderson rolls. Nice work dude!

Dano_the_jigasaurus

One of those fish came from the East and one from the west. Both sides have been producing a few fish, but the bite has been far from consistent and patternable. good luck.

dan

Andrew Erickson

nice fish!

cjac

Very cool Tim, congrats!

We got the text from you just as we were heading off the water! Great fish and the result of a HARD day's work.....I know that for a fact!

Chris

Tim_Anderson

Chris,

You must have been fishing with Steve, huh?

Yeah, the fishing has been very hard work lately. I think I fished the pond for over 40 hours this week. She gave up three really big fish for us...54, 51 and 50. But the rest of the time, there was absolutely nothing going on. Very few follows. Isolated big fish. And we were fishing around the clock...morning, noon, night, and all night. We've been all over the lake. Many friends have been experiencing the same thing, or even worse. It really leaves me scratching my head. The only thing I can come up with is that more fish than usual are still out in open water, and more than usual, most of the fish are feeding out there as well. One things for sure...they sure as heck aren't starving! All the fish we've caught have been really healthy.

Gotta go. Mille Lacs is calling me again. Maybe I'll try some open water trolling.