Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
bassNspear

West Metro Lakes

bassNspear

Hey All,

Just looking for some information. There is alot of great lakes in our area. Just wondering what you all think are the best lakes out there this summer so far that are clear and are great pike lakes. I have had some great pike bites over the summer when im out bass fishing, but just want to get some information from you guys.

Thanks for the help.

PerchJerker

Tonka is one of my favorite lakes for just about everything, pike included.

iFishMN.us

Many good lakes to the west, hard to top tonka unless you dont like the crowds and you cant get out early. What kind of lake are you looking for when you say "great pike" lake, that will vary depending on if you want numbers or size. Lots of lakes choked with snakes, some lakes with few yet big pike.

bassNspear

other then tonka, what lakes in that area hold nice fish.

BobbyK

BnS,

I do not have a boat and have little expertise but I have seen some nice 30+ inch pike pulled from Mitchell Lake - small lake, few boats, what more could you want ;-).

BobbyK

pikehunter78

I've always liked Pierson because it's kind of secluded and you usually catch 24-30 inch Pike fairly consistently. However, this year I'm absolutely striking out on that lake, not to mention everywhere else I seem to go. I guess it's the cooler summer and I just can't figure out the pattern--I only get out a few times a month now that I'm a proud papa. another cool thing about Pierson is that when you're fishing for pike, there's always a good potential of a Tiger Muskie on the the other end of the line.

HossFisher

I think wasserman is a good little lake. You cant go wrong just trolling out there. Lots of plus size northerns and a good shot at a tiger muskie too. Minnewashta is another good lake if you can get out early enough to beat some of the recreation boaters. Anywhere along the weed lines out there hold lots of fish. Pretty clear water too.

bassNspear

BnS,

I do not have a boat and have little expertise but I have seen some nice 30+ inch pike pulled from Mitchell Lake - small lake, few boats, what more could you want ;-).

BobbyK

thanks for the information. Is this a clear lake, with no slot?

BobbyK

I believe you are correct, no slot on Mitchell but clear? Right now it is green with maybe 3 feet of visibility at the most. Last year at this time it was quite a bit clearer.

Good luck if you go.

BobbyK

Wookiee

Um yeah Pikehunter 78 email me. agroskreutz@gmail.com I can help you out.

updecreek

Mitchell lake 10 hp motor max. only one part of the lake is deep i would start there.

bassNspear

is it clear in the winter time.

iFishMN.us

Independence is a good choice also, big pike and big muskies.

Waconia puts out some monsters too.

If numbers is your game, and size isnt too important, there is Lake Martha just north of rockford. Small lake but full of pike from what I have heard, read, and experienced.

If you want clear water, Little Long Lake just west of mound is amazingly clear, stocked with trout, quite a few small pike and a few monsters lurking in the deep(good luck finding them!) This lake is popular for spearing.

HossFisher

I think there were a few spear houses out last winter when i was out on Mitchell sunfishing. Saw a huge pike come through on the cam, must have been atleast 33-35 inches as it came right up to the camera. Dont overlook it as a bass lake either, its got some potential there too.

bassNspear

is mitchell a clear lake.

There is moster fish on Independence.

G_man

Monster recreation on Indy too.

Quetico

Its been a few years since I've fished Indy. but last time out there it was insane. We always fished it during week days and it was always packed. Last time out a storm squall came up and the landing had 20+ boats waiting in a hail storm. That was 3pm midweek.

bassNspear

indy seems to be a pretty impressive lake.

Lindyrig81

I have NEVER been able to produce anything on indy!!?!?!?!! ARG!

Early Riser

I have fished Indy one time. One of my friends took me out there in his boat about 10 years ago. The first spot we hit was the point to the right of the landing. I caught a 24" walleye and a 38" muskie within about 15 minutes of each other. I was throwing a silver rattle trap. We fished around a few other structures, including a couple mid-lake areas with only a few small bass to show for our efforts. I drive by it once in ahwile during winter on my way to spear other lakes and it looks pretty active out there. I know they took the spearing ban off a few years ago, but I have only heard limited reports, but a few nice fish have been seen for sure!

Scott M

Bavaria for a few pike, Waconia for a little of everything, Auburn or Whaletail for bassing, and Steiger and Medicine for pike, bass, and panfish. And the many other lakes listed.

JBMasterAngler

Are there any fish in parley lake?

HossFisher

It gets hit pretty hard in the winter for crappies and the occasional eye.

bassNspear

ya i was going to say. That and Hydes gets smoked in the winter time.

Anyone know anything about Zumbro in Victoria? Pike lake?

JBMasterAngler

I fished parley for the very first time this past winter, so was curious. Marked lot's of fish, but only caught 1 pot bellied perch. Wanted to fish it this spring, but it didn't workout.