Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
habersplat

where they biteing first time on the lake

habersplat

Me and one of my buddys are hitting the big lake this weekend

can anybody help us get in to some fish ?

are they biteing or are we just waisting an hour drive up there?

how thick is the ice on the lake ?

addictedjerry

where you thinking of going, she's a big lake.

last sunday on the east side, there was over 24" of ice. most i've talked to are finding the perch on the muddy flats. i was seeing them in the 25' FOW.

two weeks ago, i went home with 3, last weekend, i took 5 but saw alot more on the camera. the fishing is only going to get better.

drill some holes and move around until you find them. if you don't see anything in 30-45 minutes try another spot.

i can't imagine 1 week of nice weather has hurt the ice, but i'd call ahead just to be sure..

Shack

I would head up. Ice is fine, but the shore line could possibley become and issue next weekend if 50 deg. days keeping rolling around. I think the day time temp is not the major issue, but we need cold nights.

I am sure this weekend is going to be a great weekend to head up.

Good luck.

Legend_89

We were up last Saturday 3-8-08 outside of Appledorns. Fished about 2 1/2 hrs and saw nothing. Ice is at least 36" thick. Bottomed my Jiffy 10" auger out and barley got thru. Moved North around 2:30. Went out in front of Hunter's Point. 28' of water west side of south 2 mile. Fished 3 hrs. Saw 1 walleye and two very small perch. Caught nothing. Also bottomed Jiffy 10" auger out. Bring extension. Good Luck!

addictedjerry

i wonder if they're moving in shallow??? portside report sez 12-14 fow... ???

i have some buddies going up saturday, i'll make them scout it out so i'll be ready when i get up there sunday.. grin.gif

motorcoach doug

FYI....We were going up tomorrow ~ Just spoke with Red door ~ 2 major heaves up there. Not even 4 wheelers can cross. Gotta get plan B in gear.

addictedjerry

this weekend is the ice roads ice fishing clinic, the guys are running out of hunters point. not sure how many people or where they're fishing, but that could put alot of traffic on some parts of the lake..