Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Fishing Report Clubs - LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Join Today - FREE   01/24/2018

Fishing Minnesota had added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. We are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20  members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want fishing reports  around your area, I would Join Now, some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

ejl

Anyone know why there isn't a designated site for these areas ?

I am new to the forum, perhaps I am just not looking in the right area.

sparcebag

You'll find all that info here.But there arent many that post,Sandstone,Hinkley,Duquette (oak lake) That area

ejl

There are so many lakes in the area (oak being a great one)

However there are many more. I find it hard to believe that more don't post. I think it should have a designated site for this area on it's own.

sparcebag

Originally Posted By: ejl
There are so many lakes in the area (oak being a great one)

However there are many more. I find it hard to believe that more don't post. I think it should have a designated site for this area on it's own.

Someone else a few weeks back asked the same question,It was stated by a FM rep.that there wasnt enough traffic in that area to add another.I can see why only a few have questions and very few give advice for the area.So just look here,for the few,I try to answer some ques.But I havent fished the area for a few years,and now seldom get up there.I may be able to help with some advice,ya got a question?

Neiko

It was me who got the email from the site saying there wasn't enough traffic to warrant which kills me when you look at some of the other sites like Ohio who has 6 and PA who has 9 threads. I really wish they would reconsider. If enough people emailed the owner(Rick) of the site that might help.

sparcebag

I guess you and I take it differently,I take it that few would use a special thread for the area,and it is east central,so why not post in east central under lake name.Did you see the post for Oak Lake a few days ago,about are there springs to beware of and fish spot,He got no replies,I had posted before no springs on the lake and my best spots,He could do a search I was waiting to see if anyone would reply.nada,there is one FMer who has a place there.but hes not around much either.My guess there is he also gets no replies.When I lived there in Duquette 11 miles away in Mooselake people didnt know of Duquette,Nickerson.Not many lakes and lots less people use the area,Oh when someone in Mooselake knew of Duquette they"d refer to it as "Oh out in the sticks"

Neiko

There have been several people that posted they wish there was a separate thread for this area and I don't see what the big hassle is to put a new one up.

polarsusd81

Neiko,

I think the reason it hasn't been given its own forum is like sparce said, the forum would have so little traffic, that the time and effort it would take would have little reward. I used to run around the Moose Lake area a bit but never really got a chance to fish up there. I know there are a lot of lakes up there, and I would love to have a chance to fish them. Probably some pretty productive waters if one does enough research.

sparcebag

Polar I would think thats another reason between Hinkley & Moose lake I dont think there are 20 lakes with public access.Heck I could say Hinkley to Duluth no more than 20.There's just a small pocket of lakes around Mooselake then a few by BigPine.Moosehead lake in Moose has some HUGE Smallies,the whole river system there does,their all connected to the Kettle then St.Croix

Neiko

I just see a lot of lost people posting for info on lakes from Hinckley to Cloquet and they don't know where to post. East Central or Duluth forums.

JBMasterAngler

Don't forget about all the trout streams and rivers in the area too. I've tried getting info on the kettle and moosehorn rivers as well as sturgeon lake in the past to no avail.

I'd love to hear input on places like the tamarac, grindstone, and nemadji rivers.

sparcebag

Cant help with Grindstone,but most streams the kettle& moosehorn were my 2 nd home,Blackhoof,Nemadji were only a few miles away,HARD fishin But I saw BIG browns that I could'nt catch,and after dark forget it not only bugs but JUNGLE

picksbigwagon

um, there are smallmouth in the lake in Moose Lake???? I wasn't aware of that.......interesting....not that far from Finlayson either

ejl

Does anyone fish Sturgeon for walleyes with any consistancy ?

sparcebag

My experience with eyes in the whole area is hit and miss,very few eyes till first freeze,panfish and LOTS&LOTS of notherns,some really nice bass in most lakes there,but ya gotta fish em hard for any rewards,Id fish Oak before Sturgeon,or Moosehead.there's alot of private lakes that if ya get to know people you may get invited,Lake 11 & 12 Margret in Kerrick and a few more.

ole matty

eyes r hard to pattern in sturgeon lake but rewards will be good. nice sizes 16-24" n etc. i wld try to jiggin the weedline-breakline slowlys otherwise northern wld keep u busy. plenty of nice size crappies also some slabs along weedlines.. some nice pumpkinseeds sunfish also.. i caught 10.25" sunfish last july on 1" tubes drifin along the weedlines... i will try experiments with drop shot tip wtih gulp! leech this spring n summer for eyes. if none of this work. head to sand, island, oaks and 100s more lakes in the area..

RonT

I have a place on Oak and there typically are very few reponses to requests for information. It is kind of surprising with the number of boats that come out of Hoffmans resort. Last summer the lake was low and very weedy making it tough to fish, the worst I have seen it in the 6 years I have been up there. There is a decent population of panfish, decent bass, and some nice size walleyes but they can be tough to find at times. I have a green lund 1700 fisherman so give a wave if you see me when the water softens.

sparcebag

Ron are you the guy with a place on the east side by the Islands? If not there is another member on Oak,I did live on the west side at one time.

RonT

Yes I am. Our place is in the bay behind the Island. There are 6 cabins and we are the second one in on the north side. We bought the place about 4 years ago and my brother-in-law have the next cabin to the south.

stLOUISRVMAN

hey guys i live on lake 12, it is a great lake

sparcebag

Originally Posted By: stLOUISRVMAN
hey guys i live on lake 12, it is a great lake

The 12 east of 11 by Sturgeon? Is it yet private?

bassphish2005

It is good to see some FMer's from that area,I have a little spot east of Hinkley and plan to bring the big boat up a bit more this summer[$4.00 a gallon gas be damned!]I will be on the prowl for some C&R large and smallmouth bass fishing.........I can be reached at Bassphish2005@yahoo.com

ejl

Hey guys it is nice to see that there is life in our neck of the woods on this site. I have lived in the area for about 5 years and just getting to know it well. There is a lot of opertunity in the area. Great place to live and play.

woodsmanmn

Don't forget that there's trout in the Net and Blackhoof rivers too. And the spring sucker run is a good time on the Nemadji and other streams.

stLOUISRVMAN

yup thats the one , i wouldnt call it private, but us who live on the lake the access is so called a lake association, but i wouldnt worry about it, you cant get a boat in the summer, but we have access to a place you could, i also have a pro v in the lake ,

I would like to get into some spring suckers !!!!

Later jeremy