Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
goggy eyes

Tullibees

goggy eyes

Anything happening on big sandy yet.

palisade1kid

Give it 2 weeks.

You'll want almost all of the snow melted before they turn on.

juddH

Catching a few on the north end. It will get better with the warmer weather!

goggy eyes

Thanks for the reports guys.

maros91

Caught 2 on the north end. No size to them. Wait till that weather warms and hold on!

juddH

Little story I thought I would share about Tullibees. Up until a few years back, we used to net Tullibees on the north end during the 2 weeks of deer season. On an average year, we would net anywhere from 300-500 tullibees sometimes up near 8-900! My Dad and his buddies really enjoyed it but after a couple of his buddies passed away, they stopped doing it because lack of help. Now, we spend the majority of the time in the woods chasing deer. Someday I would like to get back into it though as they are so tasty in the smoker!!

Hoochskins

I want to fish for tullibees, what do you use? how deep?

palisade1kid

on the lake good luck

solocam

Originally Posted By: juddH
Little story I thought I would share about Tullibees. Up until a few years back, we used to net Tullibees on the north end during the 2 weeks of deer season. On an average year, we would net anywhere from 300-500 tullibees sometimes up near 8-900! My Dad and his buddies really enjoyed it but after a couple of his buddies passed away, they stopped doing it because lack of help. Now, we spend the majority of the time in the woods chasing deer. Someday I would like to get back into it though as they are so tasty in the smoker!!

JuddH, some of my dads friends also did that back in the 80's on the North end of the lake. Who are you??? The Trails End area???

loadmaster

Originally Posted By: crappiekeith
Out in those 25-4- foot hole the tullies come through around 12-17 fow.

I use a small brown hair jig or maribou and when I see them on the flasher I lift it up to and then past them.

The really go after it like a pike almost.

Hey crappie guy. Thanks for the info on another subject. My sons in re-hab as we speak. Going after the tullies on Tues the coming week Maybe we will see out there chasing the slabs. Are they talking about hole by Horeshore bay access. How small of jig are talking fly fishing size or larger. Good Luck see ya on the ice, look for the red F-150 with loadmaster on the rearwindow>>>>later the load

palisade1kid

have a good day

juddH

Solocam, we are in the (Hank) Hammonds Development which is west of trails end, just east of the vanduse creek.

juddH

Has anyone heard that Outdoor News is doing a special about BSL and the tulibee fishing? It's insane how many people are out there fishing lately, the word spreads fast!

MOBY RICHARD*

Yeah, there's over 700 views on here already... blush.gif

big eyes

hey if anyone has any extra tulli's that they don't want let me know i'll be up to pick them up

solocam

Originally Posted By: juddH
Solocam, we are in the (Hank) Hammonds Development which is west of trails end, just east of the vanduse creek.

Is your dad Ted?

juddH

No, I don't know anyone by the name Ted? Were you related to Cliff?

solocam

No, but we had a neighbor named Cliff Weederstrom. Did you know Bob C or George H @ Trails end?

juddH

I knew where Cliff lived so I know where you are on trails end. We are west of you, if you go down to where the black top ends, you take a left on the dirt road and next left on Hanks road and we are in that cluster of houses.

palisade1kid

have a good day

farmfishing

Nice fish guys. We took the kids out friday we caught 34. lots of fun for all. Small slender or pimple and a waxie worked well. Good luck all.

jadkins

The fish have been biting for some time now, 3 weeks or so. Pink, silver, or yellow seem to be my colors of choice. The fish seem to be about everywhere, catch many of them while fishing crappies in the deeper water. Though no matter the depth I find most fish caught 10-12 feet down. When I take the kids, I "zone in" on the tullies in 20-24 ft of water and have been catching between 60-100 in a outing. anyone else have any tips?

palisade1kid

have a good day

Schndman

Those are some nice tullies. I was able to pick up 6 on my outing with a few more lost at the hole. Is anyone hitting the Bill Horn bay area or is all the activaty up on the north east and west ends?

I fished both the northeast and west pockets with about the same luck this past weekend. Mostly in 25-30'water. Looking to get my dad to come out with me this coming weekend. The three-wheeler is down and with the northest landing getting broke up like it was I think truck traffic is out of the question. Any suggestions for the walking man?

jadkins

you don't have to walk too far from the NW side, It seems like the fish are about everywhere. At times for something new I'll set up in a area away from anyone, give it 10-15 minutes if you don't get one move a little. It's amazing how many people driving by will see what you got and pull right next to you like you are on "the spot" once they show up I'll usually move on to another spot, because they are all good. I'ts just funny to watch people hone right in on you like you're in the magic hole...