Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pan man

long lake

8 posts in this topic

Does it have tullibees in it or not dnr site doesn't list them but people have told me there are.

The PR paper had a article on tullibees in long lake. So I presume they are in the lake.

They are definitly there!

Thanks for the info may have to drive up and try it. trying to get a bunch to smoke.

Just for clarification, we're talking about Long Lake off highway 34, not Long Lake up by Itasca State Park.

Yes, the tullies are definitely thick out there. Good times.

thanks for the tip

Pan Man,

Ever try Leech Lake? I have had great success there in the past. Quite a few tullibee, and some really nice whitefish (tullibee limit 50, whitefish limit 25 on Leech). I always went out of Stony Point. Go to where everyone else is. Fish out from the group, tullies like their quiet time.

Be carefull, the ice at the access is here today, gone tomorrow. (I almost lost a friend, wheeler, and gear there one year.) I was there two days before and no problems, the sun tears the ice up fast! We are a couple weeks out from that concern I would think though...

I use the smallest white jigs you can find, and a waxie. (Bring lots of waxies!) Use your locator and move up to the fish. fairly deep water suspended. Small bobbers. Lite line. Good luck.

never fished leech during hard water. would like to but long drive