Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smartguy

here fishy fishy fishy

8 posts in this topic

Anyone else having a tough ice fishing season besides me? January and February were way slower than normal for me. Can't find good action in typical panfish spots.

The fish are there, they just aren't aggressive. I must have tried over a dozen lake that have traditionally been very productive. Just curious if its just me, or if anyone else is having a tough go at it.

I have not had a decent day of fishing since before the walleye season closed, that includes trips the Red and Mille Lacs. I am about ready to through my vex down the hole. Well not yet, but it is frustrating to mark fish that just wont bite day after day. Gonna try Lake of the Woods this weekend. If that trip is no good, I don't know what will happen. Maybe get the boat ready. Hopefully late ice is better.

same here! i had a few good trips this year. but nothing compared to last year. it has just been diffucult with the weather and the amount of people on the lakes. ive seen way more this year than any other.

I have noticed some finicky fish, but you can still find fish that bite. I noticed that tip-ups were not very promising this year...

the only nice fish ive caught this have come on tip ups. 9 lb walleye and a 12 lb pike

I hate blaming the weather....but can you remember a time when there hasn't been a steady weather pattern that lasted more than two or three days? Everytime I think we're setting up for a good steady period something blows through.

I think that too often we blame the weather because we have to keep searching for the fish....but this year I'm blaming Mother Nature for only getting on a few solid perch bites and a good crappie bite.

Well, not that I'm glad some of you guys are experiencing the same problems I have been this year, but at least I know I'm not the only one.

Supposed to be in the upper 30's all next week. maybe that will finally trigger the bite. confused.gif

I have had a few excellent panfish bites. only big sunnies and perch. just couldnt get on a good crappie bite. same with walleyes. Best was probably in leech when me and a couple buddies filled a 5 gallon bucket half full with 10 inch perch and nothing under that. this warmer weather should get the pannies snappin tho.