Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PikePatroller

Karls Lake Cedar Lake Scott County

10 posts in this topic

Has anyone been havin success at these lakes lately, still drivable?

ice is great. you can catch crappies all day long but they are small. i dont even fish there for crappies??? any more because there is no size caught some nice northerns out there this winter including a sixteen pounder.

tiny perch, crappies, and sunfish on cedar.

From what I've heard it shouldnt be a problem catching the crappies but there isnt much to show for them

Had my house out there all winter, we caught 150 crappies/sunnies in a day, sounds good, but not one of them was over 7 inches. From early January until Febuary 29th we caught only two fish worth mentioning. Other than two nice walleyes, I don't think it's worth your time. It is still drivable though. Depends on what you drive though. I wouldn't reccomend it in a car. LOTS of water. I would say to use the North access off of Highway 64. But I don't think it matters too much. Watch the aerators.

Karls has pretty small crappies but a few keepers...nice northren action...haven't been out on ceder this year but have a couple buddies that have caught some small ones...A year or two back my buddy put one on the wall from ceder

killercal do you have any idea of how big the one he put on the wall was?

Ya it was a 30 1/2 inch walleye I think it was just over 10 pounds but not exactlly sure on the weight-Lubey were do you go to school

Fish on cedar are small and wormy.

Wow thats a nice eye

I go to Lakeville North