Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
shaky legs2

Forum Traffic

shaky legs2

The number of postings have really dropped off since the walleye season closed. In the "crappie boom" days you could leave your computer for 10 minutes and their would be quite a few postings waiting to be read. If you were away from your computer for a couple of days it seemed to take forever to wade through everything when you got back. The "Boom" might be over and the schools depleted but they are still there - just smaller and more spread out. The water level and snow cover might be making it more difficult but if you put in your time you will still catch them - maybe just not in the numbers of years ago. I love those silver and blacks coming out of that cold water. They are delicious and There are very few lakes where you can catch the size of fish that Red Lake has to offer. Five crappies in Red are equal to 10-12 fish in most lakes. I have two more trips on Red this year and am unable to fish when it will be prime time. I am envious of those of you who are going the last week of March into early April. Fishing on bare ice with the water running into the holes and no need of an auger is fun. Enjoy!!!

I had to post this just to see if there is anyone out there monitoring the website - Ha! Ha!

Shoogs32

I agree, the number of posts has dropped drastically. I think everyone is viewing and not writing. I hope to make it to Red within the next couple of weeks to try my luck.

CC Rocks

I am planning on URL March 28th and 29th. This will be my first experience on Spring fishing. I have made three trips this winter and had fun all three times. If anybody is going to be on the pond those two days, lets get together and compare notes.

Hopefully we won't need the waders...

mnhunter 3815

i fish red all the time.early ice and late ice both are great times.but i never fish it in the middle of winter.

Jim Uran

It'll pick up before the walleye opener. I had some pretty bad luck the last couple times I was up there. 3 trips to be exact. One this winter and 2 late in the summer. I am thinking on making a trip earlier in the summer/ late spring after walleye opener to try my "luck" again.

late night

It seems the forum traffic has dropped all across the state! I keep tabs on several different areas and not much is posting anywhere. I seem to be spending more time in the clean-ups area reading about politics. How sad is that!

Random guy

Shaky Legs, you where the only guy on the lake...so what do you want to talk about? \:D

shaky legs2

I get nervous when it's that quiet. It's like the shower scene in the Alfred Hitchcock movie where you know something bad is going to happen but you don't know what it is. I guess maybe I should just enjoy it. I will admit it is a lot better than trying to dodge vehicles zooming 40 m.p.h. down the road, seeing trash everywhere and having to listen to the constant drone of augers when you are trying to fish outside.

Shaky legs, aka the lonely man.

kelly-p

Labs and Scott-z wil be here to make it a little more lively for us. We waited all year for March, it's just a matter of time. cool.gif

Look us up before you set up.

shaky legs2

I am looking forward to it.

kelly-p

Go to bed early and eat a big breakfast tommorrow morning. I'm sending you off on a mission. grin.gif

shaky legs2

I was taught in the army to never volunteer for anything. I also learned to not send a fool on an important mission. Oh what the [PoorWordUsage]! Doc and I will be reporting for duty around 01100 hours Drill Sargent P.

shaky legs2

Originally Posted By: kelly-p
Go to bed early and eat a big breakfast tommorrow morning. I'm sending you off on a mission. grin.gif

What??? No long underwear?????