Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve Ellsworth

Fishing Report for 3-1 to 3-3

9 posts in this topic

We traveled 8 hours to get to URL. We had 6 fishermen in Kelly and Jon's "big shack". We caught 1 crappie(13") during the whole time. We caught and released maybe 20 walleyes. We had 3 cameras down and maybe saw 2 fish. We tried many different lures. Most fish were caught on a plain red hook with minnow (deadsticking). Two of the "young guys" got portable by digging holes and fishing them for 3 hours on Saturday with "no luck/no fish". Last year we caught our limit of crappies in less than 24 hours. A Texas Hold Em Poker game was enjoyed each day with some "Wild Turkey" and beers. We enjoyed the visits by Jon and Kelly. Say Kelly, your fishing license posted in our shack said that you weighed 190. We have a bet that is wrong. Please help settle our dispute. We always have a good time at URL in Kelly and Jon's shacks. Maybe next year will be better?

Say Jon, don't crappies normally move in schools? We caught our only crappie at about 9:15 a.m. on Sunday. Where were his friends?

Quote:
Say Jon, don't crappies normally move in schools? We caught our only crappie at about 9:15 a.m. on Sunday. Where were his friends?

Maybe his crappie freinds where playing Texas Hold em and drinkng Wild Turkey instead of swimming with the school. ;\)grin.gif

190??? grin.gif Boy when the fish don't bite you guys have too much time to look at the details. grin.gif It seems like the more Jon takes over the heavy work the less he weighs and the more I gain.

Jonny-Are you implying that my group of fishermen were preoccuppied with the consumption of Wild Turkey and beer as we fished for the elusive URL crappie. We were paying attention to our bobbers and we were also jigging our Frostees and Demons often. We also had 3 cameras(Aqua-Vu) and 3 Vexilars working at all times. We actually didn't see many fish or mark many fish.

I guess we'll have to come up next year during the walleye season. Somebody told us that the very best time for crappies was the first of March. So, we thought we'd try it. Seriously, we always have fun ice fishing at URL with Jon and Kelly.

You guys are a fun group also, maybe some wild turkey got in the hole and then crappies got drunk and couldn't target their prey. grin.gif

Nothing worse then drunk crappies.

lol...we hooked into a 20lb drunk pike on our last trip.

the best is yet to come for those drunkin crappies.

"Say Jon, don't crappies normally move in schools? We caught our only crappie at about 9:15 a.m. on Sunday"

Maybe that was the school? grin.gif

Originally Posted By: kelly-p

Maybe that was the school? grin.gif

Very well could be, nomadic buggers are going into scout mode on us.