Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishoff

Fishing Virginia MN.

9 posts in this topic

I can't wait to move up there. From what I have been reading

it sounds like the fishing is good all year round in MN.

I have done some fishing but not ice fishing. I am looking forward to making my own ice hut and putting it to good use.

Does anyone eat there fish raw like sushi?

Us rangers like it breaded with cracker crumbs and deep fried in Crisco, the way mother nature intended!

Originally Posted By: fishoff
I can't wait to move up there. From what I have been reading

it sounds like the fishing is good all year round in MN.

I have done some fishing but not ice fishing. I am looking forward to making my own ice hut and putting it to good use.

fishoff,

It is generally not recommended to eat ANY fresh water fish as sushi unless in a life and death situation. Fresh water fish carry a lot of parasites and getting sick would be the least of your worries.

Phat

very well said

Virginia is a short drive to Vermillon and the Ely lakes. That makes for some pretty good fishing.

The more I read the more excited I get about moving there.

SOOOOO many different species of fish and sooo much

fancy equipment I am going to need for ice fishing.

I decided against a home made ice house. The portable ones with a sled and heater look awsome and I will be close to so many lakes I will probably move around all winter. The Otter 2 looks pretty sweet.

Originally Posted By: fishoff

Yes, but it usually involves their bait and copious amounts of alcohol grin.gif

So you been down to see the smelt runs of the days of old eh? \:D A 12 pack of beer and the 1st smelt of the year = biting the head off of a smelt or eating it whole still wiggling on it's way down.

I'm trying to wrap my brain around the thought of a shore lunch with raw fish!...... cry.gif....maybe the "bizarre food guy"(Zimern) might think on those terms....lol!....Arrrrgh! cry.gif....I can feel that 25' tape worm crawlin around my insides!.... grin.gif