Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
t rex

Any new reports??

14 posts in this topic

Anyone have any new reports??

Deeper snow and slower fishing. Will spring ever get here? \:\(

That seems to be the word around there. Why do you think that when there is a good snow layer,the fishing slow down so much? With more snow coming,that cant be a desirable immediate forecast then...Me and sum buddies have a 6 man and a 5 man shack March 10-13th from you guys,We are going to keep the faith...It only takes one good school of crappies to swim thru, to make things interesting..

No sunlight to trigger them to move towards the spawning areas???? Dropping oxygen levels???? I don't know. There are some glimmers of hope. Flurries of crappie action usually moving west to east. Some people marking nonstop fish that will not bite. Forcasted highs in the mid 30's when you're here tho so we'll be able to move around.

Are you planning on leaving the 12th or 13th?

we are actually leaving on the 12th. i never want to leave though...i could stay for weeks.

finally some weather i can get out and move around with....can't wait to get up there...i'd leave today if i could. the last 2 times i been up its been around -50...got my auger cuttin like she's brand new and i'm ready to rip.

i got the 6 man reserved and t-rex is gonna be in the 5 man....the whole crew are all friends....is there any chance we could get the 2 shacks within yelling range of each other? i want them to able to see and hear me catch all my fish lol.

O yeah the 12th,,,must have been dreaming,theres always gona be a glimmer of hope when the guru an t-rex make their yearly jaunt to the big pond!!!Hope the forecast stays true,get out and move about,although we will be an auger short,mine just broke down,good timing,huh?Ill have to be nice to guru so i can use his auger.Already gettin hard to sleep,1 last trip for the year,lets end it with a bang!

They could be fairly close, 100 yards or so. No sense in getting closer and both houses fishing the same fish. Everyody is scouting tonight so cross our fingers.

My brother and I fished the night of the 1st thru the morning of the 4th, only caught 1 crappie, the walleyes bit good towards evening we caught and released 60+ in our search for those slabs.

Unlike other posts very few fish caught on the deadstick. Sunday plastics were best, but the rest of the time a rattling spoon was the ticket.

sounds great kelly...i wouldn't want them to be right on top of eachother...just close enough so they can all peek out the window and see me making swiss cheese of the lake holding up all my crappies since i'm the only one with a reliable auger again....should i be nice and let them use my auger or punish them is the question?

how's the perch bite? i like me some perch!

Still make hand augers don't they? grin.gif

yeah i hear they cut faster then ever these days...we'll have to see if they can keep up lol!!

Good luck guys! Give a report if you can, I'll be right behind ya.

will do wanger...i always like giving a report...if your lucky i'll even leave some fish for you to catch lol

when you heading up?

Sounds good. We're leaving Wed. afternoon til Sunday.