Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
icefisher4ever

Is the Croix in Prescott worth iceing or no??!?!?!

4 posts in this topic

Is the river in Prescott worth fishing?? I want to head out there tomorrow but i dont if its worth fishing, i have heard good reports about the river but i myself havent even had a bite out there yet so any help would be good thank you

Robbie

to be honest with you ive never really heard anything good about prescott. I see people out there, so someones catching something, but its either really slow or people are tight lipped

alot of mud puppies and once in a great while a walleye, nothing too great, oh yeah and a strugeon from time to time !!

Fishing in Prescott from the concrete pier directly below the main bridge is very good during the early and late hours of Spring and Fall only in my numerous years of experience fishing that particular part of the river. Last October 2007 - a friend and I were there from 5 a.m. to 7 a.m. and we caught a total of 18 Walleyes, but only 10 were kept and they were all over 18 inches! Good eating size! That particular place is well known for Walleyes and Saugers, but if you have a boat - you're chances are better. Use a sinker with a plain hook attach a fathead minnow and cast wherever you want and jig the bait back to shore.