Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pan man

Sallie

8 posts in this topic

Had an incredible weekend fri two limits of nice slabs,and sat took home one limit of 12.5" to 14" slabs, getting a few yullibee's here and there should pick up middle of this month. But then sun not a thing?

panman, can you email about where you caught the tullibees? I was out last week and only marked a couple on the flasher. I'd like to catch a few more to add to smoker. I can trade you some fish for the spot, if you're willing... thanks.

hi folks new to the area and would like to catch anything heard alot of mixed reports of sallie is the walleye all that small? the crappies i heard were non existant. all because of the dnr making it a northern trophy lake. I dont eat fish but love to fish and so do my 2 lil boys> we dont keep any just all catch and release> any good advice for a new fisher that wont ruin a fishery do to cath and release

Bak --

The eyes closed so you had better focus on the crappie action.

I have caught some nice crappies a few years ago on that lake -- you might try Lida -- the guys on the site here have been talking it up, lately.

between the east sunken island and the piont to the west there is that deep 50' hole in there kind of hard to find but worth it they will come through early morn 5 to 10' under the ice have brought home many 4 pounders but is bigger in the schools i see.

Originally Posted By: pan man
between the east sunken island and the piont to the west there is that deep 50' hole in there kind of hard to find but worth it they will come through early morn 5 to 10' under the ice have brought home many 4 pounders but is bigger in the schools i see.

If you noticed a bunch of holes out in that area, they were probably drilled by me. How early are you talking? what's the window? That's where I've been fishing but I must not be there early enough. What kind of setup were you using? I was using a flasher/dropper rig. A small kastmaster with a size 12 geng bug dropper, 12" down, tipped with waxies. Maybe I should have ditched the flasher and used a small jig? When I saw the schools come in they were between 15-20 feet suspended.

Thanks.

flasher and drop is what i use with any color small jig whith grubs the bite will get better.

thanks!