Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shozbot

07 License Questions

11 posts in this topic

The owner of the bait store I go to told me that they have extended the license for this year 07-08 until april 1st..

Anyone else heard that? I've been trying to find a press release on line but haven't come across one..

april 30th

Does that mean that I can't buy a valid 2008 license until April 30th?

You can buy a valid 2008 license starting on March 1st. There is now an overlap built in to the license system. Strange, but it may work better for some.

I thought the over lap was only because they changed the date the license expires after the season had started. I think from now on your license will expire on April 30th. There won't be an overlap next year.

Would be nice if the DNR let us have our houses out of another week or so, there is so much ice out there and the forcast isnt going to melt it anytime soon. I know this has happened in the past and I think this is a great year for it to happen again but its almost too late already if they were going to do it.

And yes I believe that is correct, this year will overlap if you buy your licence march 1st, you can but you dont need to until april, your choice really it makes no difference, and the licence you buy this year wont expire until next april.

Minnesota 2007 fishing and shelter licenses valid through April 30 (February 28, 2008)

A legislative change effective Aug. 1, 2007 extended the expiration date of 2007 fishing licenses for resident and nonresident anglers through April 30, 2008, according to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. Any stamps or tags to harvest particular species also are valid through April 30, 2008.

Angling licenses, stamps and tags for 2008, which will be effective from March 1 through April 30, 2009, went on sale Feb. 18.

Ice shelter licenses also are valid through April 30, 2008.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Why doesn't the DNR sell liscenses good for a year from the date of purchase? So if you bought your liscense on june 24th, then it would be good through the 23rd. The Mn state park system does this and I think it's a good idea. Would certainly clarify matters.

The state parks may have different system cause it easier to follow. $ guys all fishing in the same boat with different dates in a lic. would be a head ache to follow.

Yeha the idea of buying a year long license wouldn't work...too difficult to monitor...