Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
icefishing21#2

what would i catch?

6 posts in this topic

what can i expect as a first timer going out there?

Mostly crappies, but could possibly get about anything. In the last month I have caught crappie, walleye, sauger, perch, northern pike, smallmouth bass, white bass, sturgeon, catfish and slimy muddpuppies.

[PoorWordUsage] thats quite the variety are the crappies good size. and how thick is the ice right now?

ive been hitting the croix all season and can almost guarentee that you will catch a crappie, i would tell you a good spot but the old timers that fish up there would not appreciate all the company, i myself am all for everyone catching fish so ill say that its a couple miles north of 94 bridge there will be a few groupings of people and its the second to last grouping furthest north. BY THE WAY MOST CRAPPIES WE KEEP ARE 10" AND ABOVE. some really nice ones, use a plain green or pink hook or a chartruese jig my fav is the genz worm, tipped with a crappie minnow you should have some good luck.

i apprechaite the advice and i might give it a shot soon. and thats good that there are 10 and over cause i wont keep any under 10. maybe ill see you out there one of these times. once again thanks for the info

cole if youve got room i wouldnt mind joinin you out there for a day this weekend