Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Twins 57 Fan

Waconia Crappies

15 posts in this topic

I was out on Waconia last night and got in to the crappies pretty fierce. I was throwing back anything under 9". Ended up with my limit of 10" plus crappies.

10-12 FOW with a bobber and a red hook. They wouldn't touch my jigging attempts.

Just thought you would all like to know.

That's awesome news...I was thinking of heading out there Friday morning early...I need to remember to stop and get some bait tomorrow though!

I was using crappie minnows. The bigger the better it seemed! It may only be an after dark spot but who knows. If you shoot me an email I may be able to point you in a direction if you want.

Some of us have to work for a living and dont get the morning bite \:\)

Originally Posted By: Twins 57 Fan

Some of us have to work for a living and dont get the morning bite \:\)

HA! \:D

I am playing hooky tomorrow. Shhh!!

Email sent...if I make it out per your directions, I will let you know how I do.

Whow looks like you have finally got into them...The fish in your pick looks sooo familiar. We need to get out there tonight. I have to rely on your spots this week mine are slow..First post for me..finally gave in and figure I see how this works..

Was out there Tuesday night too...not as much luck as you had...but decent. I will be out there today to see if I cant do a little better than Tuesday.

Well Bassmaster.... I tried your little honey holes across the whole metro and havent got a bite.

let me show you how the big boys do it

Paid off tonight before the snow! Got ton of fish on one of my spots. Crappies and sunnies are everywhere thick on the camera. All went back to the lake! Also got a 7 lb pike on the 2lb line fun fun...I'll look for the report from tonight.

Dang...can't make it tomorrow, need to work...and this weekend I won't be going out. Shoot!!!

there deep in the day and move in at night

Do they bite during the day? My experience tells me they're shut off (usually) until dark. I might be able to sneak out in the afternoon for awhile...probably need to be home early though.

ah yes - hope to get out to waconia this weekend to try for pannies or maybe head elsewhere in search of jumbos...

How's the sunny bite on the Wac been? I'm thinking if I get out tomorrow during the day I may be targeting them more than crappies.

Let me know guys, I want to go on Sunday. It's the last time for me \:\(

I did pretty well on Waconia for Crappies again last night. The bigger ones didnt start biting till about 730. I ran out of propane shortly after so i had to cut it short.

Still ended up with 5 keepers (4 of them over 10 inches. If you want to catch crappies out there go out a little later and fish set lines in 10-12 feet with a crappie minnow. red hooks and glow in the dark have been paying off equally as well. mostly near the bottom. Find some weeds.

Good luck