Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonnyBfromHutch

St. Cloud Boat Show Feb 29-Mar 2 - Worth the trip?

5 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone has been to this show in the past, or if anyone has detailed 411 on what the size/scope of the show will be. I can't find very much information on this one and would rather spend the day on the lake if it's not worth the effort. Thanks!

Johny b

with several of local dealers and free parking and entry its worth going to.

many brands of boats to look at and maybe a good deal

if the weather is nice thou who would want to be inside for very long

its all the local dealers in the area. All boats, not a bad show, but alot of people go to it becuase its free.

I like the sparkly ones

dont they look great on water.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Wanderer
      Don't go giving too much notice there Royce!    Been kinda wondering if a yakking GTG would pop up some day.  Would be a great time to share a paddle and see how others rig their gear for fishing, or whatever.  And maybe do some demo paddling in other kinds of yaks than what we're paddling now.   Now, who might be able to put something like that together?? 
    • eyeguy 54
      anybody up for a float from sartell to sauk rapids?   smallies should be great. 
    • jkrash
      I heard Casey retired and sold his boat.
    • Rick G
      Gills should be on or real close to beds. Crappies are on beds on some lakes, done spawning on others. Btw, welcome to Fishing Minnesota!
    • bowhuntingboy1
      It was on the opener last year.
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Frazer Bay is as far as I venture West but that bay can be very good at times. I prefer Lindy Rigs with a 5' leader,#2 or a #4 hook, red or green bead by the hook, and a 3/4 oz. sinker. That time of the summer minnows and leeches work best but do not be afraid to try 1/2 crawler on this rig! Like PSU said, look with your electronics for the fish, then fish for them! 12" to 32" depths. Cliff
    • LoonASea
      Fished the big lake this morning ,,, Weather didnt start out nice but the fishing more then made up for it ,,, Got my first double and triple in the new rig today ,,, There is a lot of mud covering this side of the lake but finding clear to tea colored water paid off ,,,Natural colored sticks took a majority of hit today and the cohos have grown 5 inches in the last month ,,, I had one 23 inches today 
    • Fish Head
      Welcome to our Forum Muzzy!  You may want to consider hiring a guide for a day or even 1/2 day to start your trip.  They can give you a lot of good information that will help you put fish in the boat for the rest of your trip. Cliff & Casey are regular contributors here and members of the Lake Vermilion Guides League.  https://lakevermilionguidesleague.com/.    Good Luck!
    • PSU
      Hello Muzzy,   Lots of good spots close to Oak Narrows. I will let the experts pipe in, but I've been doing well in 20-30 feet of water in the Frazer / Smarts Bay area. I would trust your sonar and find spots off reefs and follow down to 20-30 feet. Either jig or Lindy has been working for me with a Rainbow minnow 
    • Mike89
      2nd Lucas thoughts