Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Scoot

Horseshoe up my you-know-what!!!

Scoot    13
Scoot

Wyoming elk tag information is available today and I just found out that I drew another elk tag there! I'm super excited!!! It's unbelievably lucky to draw in the unit I did the first time, but to get two in a row is a complete fluke! I'm one of those guys who never wins anything, so I'll consider this makeup for all of the raffle tickets, drawings, etc. I've not hit on in the past. Yeeeeeehhhhaaaaa, I'm excited!

I hope this doesn't come across as gloating, but I'm just really pumped! \:\)

sticknstring    0
sticknstring

That's awesome... Elk hunting is high up on my list right now. I'm making the first step in getting to the black hills this spring and hopefully will continue to head west in the upcoming years. Congrats on drawing the tag. You should post some pictures from last years hunt...

Nate McVey    0
Nate McVey

You're not kiddin Scoot! Congratulations! You should head out and buy some Powerball tickets ASAP!

Scoot    13
Scoot

Originally Posted By: sticknstring
You should post some pictures from last years hunt...

Thanks fellas. Sticknstring- here's the story I posted when I returned.

'07 elk hunt

Nate McVey    0
Nate McVey

Man, I just reread that again and it is a great post, thanks for reposting it!

sticknstring    0
sticknstring

That's right... I do remember seeing that - You were asking advice on the last picture (which is spectacular btw). Awesome hunt. After reading that post I can see why you're so excited at drawing another tag! Lucky devil. If you don't mind me asking, what's a ballpark figure on the cost of a do-it-yourself hunt such as that including license? I'm very interested...

Scoot    13
Scoot

I did the entire trip last year for just over $2000. This year I'm pretty sure the whole thing will cost me about $1200 or so. To get the go ahead from my wife, I had to send her on a trip to Mexico with a friend of hers. I'll have to use the payment from teaching a class at NDSU or Concordia to pay for my trip and hers, but it'll be well worth it!

sticknstring    0
sticknstring

Well the horsehoe must be rubbing off... I just checked my SoDak turkey app and we drew as well. We'll now have 3 tags to fill. Check on your applications!

Scoot-

That's very reasonable. Might have to sacrifice a few turkey hunts but it would be worth it. I think Mexico is a pretty fair trade for bugling bulls in the hills!

harvey lee    13
harvey lee

Congrats Scoot. Looks like another fun fall to look forward too.

dukhnt    0
dukhnt

Congrats on the draw. Would love to go out west and do a hunt like that. Got my elk right here in minnesota last year.

Scoot    13
Scoot

Thanks Tom, I'm really excited about it. I can't wait.

dukhnt, where'd you get your elk in MN? What'd you shoot it with? If you can swing a trip to the mountains to chase elk, I'd highly recommend it. Outside of the birth of my kids and my wedding day, it was the most incredible experience I've ever had. After last year, I'd like to think I'll be going back many times. However, I'm not exactly independently wealthy + the tags are getting tougher and tougher to come by regarding the draw. So... I'll go while I can and hope for the future. I'll be taking a second job to pay for this trip, but there's no whining there- it'll totally be worth it.

dukhnt    0
dukhnt

My dad and I were drawn for one of the six elk tags up by Grygla. Shot her with a 7mm. She was close enough for a bow though. 15 minutes before I took her, I had the 7x7 60 yards broadside. With no bull tag, I could only watch. But that was an awesome sight to see. I will never forget it. Good luck to you. To bad fall is such a long ways away.