• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

North Long Panfish Help? or Reports

Im heading up to North Long this weekend for some crappies and sunnies. We do well on them in the summer but this is my first time up in the winter. Should I look in the deep basins or start shallow. Any help would be appreciated. And what bay should I start in first Marysfield or the man lake or 371 any help again would be appreciated. Probably bringing my ice castle up and portable and locating and then going to try sitting on them until late night.

Thanks Minnetonkaman

I was out on 371 bay tonight from 3-7. Caught lots of sunfish and a few crappies here and there. I fished 7-18 feet, caught fish in all depths, fish shut off at sun set. Wax worms out-fished minnows (for both crappies and sunfish) a lot to a little. The Vexlar was very helpful.

Thank for the info! Heaing up on friday if anyone is fishing out there stop by Ill be in a red ice castle fish house. Going to porbably hit Marysfield and the main lake holes hopefully to find some crappies or sunnies. If anyone has been out in the past few days any report of depths would be helpful. Thanks for any help that is passed on! And eveyone good luck this weekend!

Just to report on the weekend. Great or amazing I could say. Fished Merifield in about 10-16 fow and caught 25 sunnies that were half pound or bigger, also with the sunnies caught a lot of rockies which returned to bite another day. Saturday was best and today was not as good but found bass and sunnies mixed together and picked up about ten big ones. Saw a bunch of eyes which made my mouth water for opener. Also a bunch of northerns but only saw a few crappies. Good luck to anyone headin up this weekend u can drive the whole merifields bay and you need an extension in some areas. Good luck fishing! Sorry forgot to take any pics but they were beauties!