Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MuleShack

Hillmans Question

5 posts in this topic

We're coming up on Friday night, leaving cities about 4:30 and should be up there by 10:30?

I just tried to call Hillmans tonight to see how long they are open, and if we can get on the lake at night. There was no answer so i'm assuming they are not open at night...so what is the routine to follow here?

I'm thinking that we are not the first people to arrive at the lake later on a friday night. Do you just drive out and pay for access saturday morning? Do they have a drop box? I will try to call in the morning again, but was just checking what the routine is?

I might add that this will be our first URL trip, so i'm just trying to cover all the bases. I would hate to get up there and then not be able to get on the lake right away.

Tall Tales Tavern (directly across from the acces)should be open. They watch the road and they have the road passes.

Stop in at Tall Tales for your roadpass. The crews out of Hillmans are great people. If it wasn't for the guys out of there my house would probably still be stuck out on the lake. They were nice enough to have somebody come out and help us jack up the house to get it back on the truck when the weld broke for the winch. I apologize that I can't remember the names of everybody there that were so nice to help us. Thanks again. I will continue to always use Hillmans road or should I say super highway.

Originally Posted By: Jonny P
Tall Tales Tavern (directly across from the acces)should be open. They watch the road and they have the road passes.

thanks JP,

We'll be out in a tan 20' Lodge with a white Ram, so if your buzzin by stop in.

if for some reason they aren't open just come to shore in the morning and buy a road pass.....Buddy has never had a problem with us doing this but make sure you stop and pay him....like he told us on a recent trip if you need help and have a pass no extra charge on their services on their road....if you don't have their road pass it will cost you for their services + $10 for the road pass!! Good Luck