Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Team Otter

Pelican Lake - Orr, MN

12 posts in this topic

Can anyone in this forum provide any insight on targeting pan fish on Pelican Lake near Orr, MN in July and August?

Thank you in advance for any information you are willing to share.

i never fished there but my dad used to all time.he always went to the south side of the lake.i'll try to get more info for ya.

That would be great. I have a friend who is vacationing up there during the time frame I mentioned, so I let him know I'd work on getting him some information here being that I have never fished it.

Hey TO

funny seeing you here. All I know about pelican is that it is an awsome smallmouth fishery, but can't help you on the panfish.

I'm all over. Ha!

Thanks for responding.

i heard that lake used to have some bid ol sunnys is that still true?

You might want to try posting in the Vermilion forum, as most of those guys have probably fished Pelican

find big rocks sticking up in the middle of the lake and target them for small and large mouth bass. tons of smallish northerns in the weedy bays, and there are always sunnys and crappies to be had on the deeper weed edges if you can find them.

i think i recall years back catching 25 pike on 25 casts with a rooster tail spinner. they were pretty small, but it was fun to hook up every time i threw it out there.

Thanks for the information gang! Much appreciated.

Pelican lake is a tricky one to fish I have a cabin up there and you have to realy work to find the fish in late summer. I have been up there that time of year and have done realy well and times when I have not got any fish.

Elephant Lake is nearby and is a good producer of large Crappie and Bluegill. We have a cabin at Elephant and mostly troll for eyes and cast for smallies, but the past several years the pan fishermen have done very will both through the ice and in the open water. We pick up large Blues when trolling and an occasional Crappie when casting. Three panfishing couples who rented our cabin last season did well and will be back in June.

Thanks for the information.