Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scott M

Joel Nelson - Gander Mountain Turkey Hunting Seminars

14 posts in this topic

Joel will be putting on two turkey hunting seminars at the Lakeville Gander Mountain stores for both beginners and advanced hunters alike. Seminar dates and titles are as follows:

Monday, March 24th, 7PM - "Spring Turkey Hunting - Basics for the Beginner and Advanced Hunter"

Thursday, April 3rd, 7PM - "Spring Turkey Hunting - Advanced Tactics for All"

These seminars will start at 7pm, and run approximately one hour. Topics will include, but are not limited to: wild turkey biology, calling, hunting tactics, breeding phase periods, shotgun/archery strategies, and other Minnesota-specific turkey hunting information.

Joel will be available before and after the seminar for any questions you might have. See you there!

Anything happening at the Forest Lk location??

I might try to get something going up there, but they've got a top-notch guy in Mike Foster who gives a good turkey hunting seminar. He's also a Primos Pro-staffer.

Joel

Any dates on the seminars at the Forest Lk location?

Give their store a call.

Or better then calling, go over there and look around and then look at the grease board at the liscense counter. Even if he isn't presenting at least you get to do a little window shopping \:\)

Tunrevir~

Just a reminder, I'll be at the Gander in Lakeville tonight at 7PM. Would love to meet more FMers, and will be tailoring the seminar to the experience level of the folks present.

Did the DNR Wild Turkey Clinic this Saturday and had 33 folks show up, well-surpassing both the amount I had anticipated and had materials for!

Hope to see you all there.

Joel

Excellent seminar Joel I'm glad I made it, you did an awesome job in helping the Newer Turkey hunters like myself and the more seasoned Turkey hunters that attended.

Thanks and nice meeting you Joel!

Lets get some more FM members out to the next seminar a week from Thurs on April 3rd 7:00pm at Gander Mountain in Lakeville. Joel will spill his guts to us with advanced secrets and tactics in this next seminar. cool.gif

Gary:

Awesome to finally put a name to the face. Glad you liked it; hope the next one goes just as well. It's difficult to keep these interesting from year to year, so it's great to have good members like yourself there to ask questions and bring up new topics! Thank you!!!!

Joel

TTT!

Lets get some FMer's out to Gander Mountain Lakeville tonight for Joels seminar on Advanced tactics.

Later Pier!

Joel, do they ever let you come up to Duluth?

Another good one!....... Thanks Joel!

I could listen to Joel talk Turkeys for hours on end the forums here are great but live action is the best for learning.

My favorite parts of Joel's seminars are when he does his Turkey mannerism's or impersonation's...... grin.gif

I swear he's part Turkey.

Gary:

Thanks much for the kind words. I really appreciate you coming. Gary, after doing your homework, and the scouting you've put in, a good hunt is in store for you!

Joel

Yeah, I've been thinking about that. Different parts of the state. Would need to meet up with you guys up in the north country for some late ice action. I used to be a trout fisherman in a past life. I dare say I did some light guiding out in the Yellowstone area. I could be persuaded, but it'd be rusty like an old truck.

Joel