Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Scott M

Joel Nelson - Gander Mountain Turkey Hunting Seminars

Scott M

Joel will be putting on two turkey hunting seminars at the Lakeville Gander Mountain stores for both beginners and advanced hunters alike. Seminar dates and titles are as follows:

Monday, March 24th, 7PM - "Spring Turkey Hunting - Basics for the Beginner and Advanced Hunter"

Thursday, April 3rd, 7PM - "Spring Turkey Hunting - Advanced Tactics for All"

These seminars will start at 7pm, and run approximately one hour. Topics will include, but are not limited to: wild turkey biology, calling, hunting tactics, breeding phase periods, shotgun/archery strategies, and other Minnesota-specific turkey hunting information.

Joel will be available before and after the seminar for any questions you might have. See you there!

bassphish2005

Anything happening at the Forest Lk location??

HateHumminbird

I might try to get something going up there, but they've got a top-notch guy in Mike Foster who gives a good turkey hunting seminar. He's also a Primos Pro-staffer.

Joel

bassphish2005

Any dates on the seminars at the Forest Lk location?

Scott M

Give their store a call.

tunrevir

Or better then calling, go over there and look around and then look at the grease board at the liscense counter. Even if he isn't presenting at least you get to do a little window shopping \:\)

Tunrevir~

HateHumminbird

Just a reminder, I'll be at the Gander in Lakeville tonight at 7PM. Would love to meet more FMers, and will be tailoring the seminar to the experience level of the folks present.

Did the DNR Wild Turkey Clinic this Saturday and had 33 folks show up, well-surpassing both the amount I had anticipated and had materials for!

Hope to see you all there.

Joel

PierBridge

Excellent seminar Joel I'm glad I made it, you did an awesome job in helping the Newer Turkey hunters like myself and the more seasoned Turkey hunters that attended.

Thanks and nice meeting you Joel!

Lets get some more FM members out to the next seminar a week from Thurs on April 3rd 7:00pm at Gander Mountain in Lakeville. Joel will spill his guts to us with advanced secrets and tactics in this next seminar. cool.gif

HateHumminbird

Gary:

Awesome to finally put a name to the face. Glad you liked it; hope the next one goes just as well. It's difficult to keep these interesting from year to year, so it's great to have good members like yourself there to ask questions and bring up new topics! Thank you!!!!

Joel

PierBridge

TTT!

Lets get some FMer's out to Gander Mountain Lakeville tonight for Joels seminar on Advanced tactics.

Later Pier!

Nate McVey

Joel, do they ever let you come up to Duluth?

PierBridge

Another good one!....... Thanks Joel!

I could listen to Joel talk Turkeys for hours on end the forums here are great but live action is the best for learning.

My favorite parts of Joel's seminars are when he does his Turkey mannerism's or impersonation's...... grin.gif

I swear he's part Turkey.

HateHumminbird

Gary:

Thanks much for the kind words. I really appreciate you coming. Gary, after doing your homework, and the scouting you've put in, a good hunt is in store for you!

Joel

HateHumminbird

Yeah, I've been thinking about that. Different parts of the state. Would need to meet up with you guys up in the north country for some late ice action. I used to be a trout fisherman in a past life. I dare say I did some light guiding out in the Yellowstone area. I could be persuaded, but it'd be rusty like an old truck.

Joel