Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Meat-Run

Perch in the Narrows??

5 posts in this topic

Hello Folks,

I will be up this coming weekend 29-2 fishing for perch in and around the narrows with my father and my 4 yo son. My thoughts are the narrows and maybe out in the sand off Sand Point. My question for anybody with a general answer is fine because I think I have an idea but just want some kind of assurance i'm on the right track. That I should fish from about 8am-1pm is the better times and in the 8-12 fow be accurate? I used to fish perch on Lk Bemidji all the time in the 30+ fow but for some reason I have heard that you can get nice perch in the shallows in this general area. Also the reason I have picked this area is that my father lives in Moonlight bay and we'll be taking wheelers out to the point and back. Any "rough" ideas is great. Don't need lures or presention help but general idea that I'm on the right track. Sorry so long winded.

Or, am I better off heading out of Stoney point?

Thanks for reading my post and thank you if you respond.

Meat-Run

Hey Meat-Run,

Skinny here, we too are heading up to Leech. We also are going to try perch...we might try agency and then maybe pine point...

We are looking for crapps and suns also.

Skinny

ZDIT

Regarding crapps and sunnies is agency a general bay to target those species of fish with good success? I have never fished for crappies in the winter on Leech but now that my father is retired we will start putting some time into looking for some spots.

Good luck this weekend.

mr

I was up around Pine Point last weekend and caught a few jumbos and a bunch of small perch... Talked to one crew.. said the crappies take a lot of work to find and catch... and that it'll only get better from here on out...they had same report...

Ok, heres my report. We did manage to hit the ice around 2pm Saturday and fished until 5pm stright east of Sand Point close to the nearest deep water. Managed a few perch in the very, very small size, nothing to take home. I fished from 12fow to 22fow and there was continues perch on my vexilar but nothing of any size. If we had more time we might have made the run up to Goose Island area but with the time allowed we tried some place closer. Thanks for all the input or advise you guys have tossed out.

later,

mr