Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kelly-p

How sick are you?

21 posts in this topic

Today a friend of mine who has already lost his wife to cancer heard his dog yelp in his yard. Going outside he found that someone driving a Chevy truck with a snowmobile trailer with snowmobile and portable had driven through his gate and past 4 (YES 4) No Trespassing signs over 1/4 mile trying to find away onto URL without paying a $10 access fee. These fishermen had driven over his dog in his yard. As he held his dying dog in his arms the fishermen just drove away.

Thats ridiculous. Those guys should go to jail for trespassing and animal abuse.

If you can't afford the access fee, I don't know how you can afford your gas and bait to get there and fish. What a joke.

Oh and thanks for pulling our house to shore for us Kelly. We'll have to find you when we get up there to bring it home to give you a few bucks. Cause I know we would have never gotten it out of there ourselves.

Those aren't fisherman. And folks wonder why I have an "attitude".

Craig

[PoorWordUsage]? what a bunch of morons....i'd be out there right now looking for them.... when i found them we'd all be going to jail....sorry but i have no remorse for people like that.

Kelly, any chance he got the CO or Sherriff on them? Definitley 'meat hogs' with no regard for anyone other than themselves...

I think a nice long bootless walk from the res. line back to shore is in order for them!!!

Good Luck!

Ken

Wow, when you think some people just can't get any lower. Those "sportsmen" sound like prime candidates for retroactive abortion.

Couldn't a C.O. just follow the tire tracks to the culprit? At least try it?

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

Haha big i dont hink we should kill them but yea thats just sad why someone would do that cause they dont want to pay $10. WOuld be nice to get a CO, or cop cause that is trespassing

I have no problem paying $10/day for a road pass. The hardwork you guys put in keeping the roads open for us and the advice that you offer is priceless, and if something does go wrong it you guys that come to the rescue. URL would be difficult to winter fish if it wasn't for you guys.

My condolences to your friend for the run of bad luck with his wife and now his best friend.

that is horrible, people spend all that money on gas but are too cheap to buy a road pass, pathetic.

Oh my goodness...... I am speechless right now...

This kind of story really gets to me. There are some people out there that have no respect for others property or the hard work that goes into making Upper Red what it is for everyone that goes out there. I really doubt he was able to get the license, but if he has a good enough description of the vehicle, all the road guys could keep an eye out for him and get the police on chase when they come through. We know if they are not responsible enough to pay the 10 dollar fee to get on, they wont think twice about using the roads once they get on the lake. They'll come off using one and somebody has to help get this guy in front of a CO or the police. Absolutely no excuse for that kind of behavior. There are quite a few laws the guy broke and he could face some pretty steep penalties for his actions. Lets just hope he gets caught.

Originally Posted By: kelly-p
These fishermen had driven over his dog in his yard. As he held his dying dog in his arms the fishermen just drove away.

Almost unreal how cold hearted some folks can be.That's a heartbreaker there,being that I am a dog owner.It's hammer time, from the law, on those #*%&*'s.

Im pretty sure Id be the one in custody if that happened to anyone I know, especially myself. There is NO reason for that- idiots probably had like $100 worth of beer but decided the $10 was too much- so not only did they break a (several) law, but killed man's best friend. Its never good wishing someones demise, but I hope those bastards get whats coming to them. Im not a very empathetic person (things happen for a reason) but when you bring animals, especially dogs into the equation... You deserve the worst and every bit of it. Accidents happen, but that is just appalling and rediculous.

It truly is amazing what stunts take place with some of these guys. The sad event with our friends dog had just taken place and fresh in my mind when I was awoke early this morning by a pick-up and trailer a few feet from my bedroom window. The best part is they where upset with ME because MY truck was blocking MY driveway at MY house and they couldn't get turned around. How dare I impeed the way to the lake? To bad my driveway is back from the lake 300 yard with a canal between me and the lake front homes.confused.gif

So there they sat wedged between a tree, my house and the plow truck in attempts to get to the lake? At first I thought these may be the same guys but the description was off. Although I bet that is the first butt chewing they got from a shirtless, shoeless guy wearing only a pair of woolpants in the middle of the woods. crazy.gif

You sleep in wool pants? Man you guys are tough up there!

Good Luck!

Ken

Its been cold ya know. \:\)

grin.gif

Good Luck!

Ken

Sorry Admin. Guess I just got a little too fired up hearing about stuff like this.

At the very least I hope these "fisherman" get what's comming for them.

I have seen this thread come up on the side board a couple times now. I figured it was about a flu epidemic or to much brew up at Slab Fest Saturday night.

After reading this post now, I am very, very sorry this happened to your buddy. I hope this post gets out to who ever did this and they do realize what they had done was way over the top. I have to feel deep down they probably did not know about the dog or being a MN sportsman, would like to think so. Maybe not, I do not know, but in any event I hope he pulls threw and goes on. The worst thing a person can do, is let the stuff like these guys did get to you. It could be what they want in the end anyways.

Good luck

WOW...I am truly sorry to hear this. My dogs are like my kids, I love them dearly and would be absolutely devastated if this happened to me.

I'm not even gonna get into the details of what I would do if placed in this same situation. When emotions are involved like in this instance, who knows what I would do?

I don't know this guy, his family, or his dog...but I can tell you I'm pretty fired up right now after reading this post. I gotta go before I start getting even more mad............