Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
SP180

Springer size

SP180

At what age was your springer close to full grown? How close to full size were they at at 5 months? My pup is only 20 lbs at 5 months and I cannot remember what my 65 lb springer was like at that age.

MinnesotaMongo

My Springer pup is about 35 pounds at almost 8 months. He might have been a little bigger at 5 months - but I've seen some pretty small Springers with some of the trial guys I train with.

SP180

What a cute pup :). The parents of our Lucy weight 28 and 35. Our buster tops the scales at 65.

Ron M

Guys,

Where am I gonna pick up my new springer? I love a 40 pounder? I have been out of the dog world for a decade ~ time to return!

Any suggested HONEST breeders? Does anyone know a Jerry Anderson from River Falls area?

springerspeed

I don't know of a Jerry Anderson but, I know of a Pete Anderson out that way. Very nice dogs. [Note from Admin: Please read forum policy before posting again]

MinnesotaMongo

You know, there are a couple of Springer trails in central Minnesota coming up in April, and I know for a FACT that a number of good breeders will be there. You might want to look at the ESS website, find out those dates and come down. You can talk to a ton of people who would be more than happy to sell you a good Springer.

Powerstroke

My springer is right at the 40lb range. I got him from Cedar Knoll Kennels. They are kinda a small hobby type kennel with some real top notch bloodlines like Sand Creek and Pine Shadows. Kevin and Joy were great to work with and my pup is fantastic.

I would say he was within a few pounds of his current weight by 9 mos.

SP180

Startribune web site in the classified section has a couple of breeders with pups waiting to be had by all. Looked like some good litters for a great price.

xHCxOutdoorsman

i got mine at harvest hunters in cyrus MN he is 8-9 months >

100_3436.jpg

100_3435.jpg

WaveWacker

My now ~10month old female is roughly 42lbs. She's carrying just a little of "winter bulk" from post hunting season so I'd say she'd weigh in right at the 40lb mark in the heat of hunting season. I'd say she was close to that mark at 7-8 months. I don't forsee her gaining all that much more. I picked her up from Tom Miller who often has a litter ready to go and posts this in the Puppies for sale forum right here on FM.

She did real good this year for a first year in the field and we made great progress. It's a little hard to judge as I was running her next to my 2 1/2 year old male (which happens to be 46lbs) that I consider to be a machine in the field. Actually right at the end of the season you could tell that her confidence and hence intensity/speed really started to kick in. So with seeing this, now the 08' training schedule is going to switch to more advanced one on one work with planted birds to solidify/build this confidence even more.

Just for the record my female was out of Tom's Chewbacca and Lacy (I beleive that was their names).

Ron M

Nice lookin' pup Outdoorsman!

I gotta find that dog!

SP180

For an update, my now 6 month old is 25 lbs. Her body has grown into her head size and she looks full grown. Her food intake has taken a sharp drop and she is very active. I wonder if this is it? She will have to drag the roosters by the tail back to me since she is such a little thing. But cute as a button.

LABS4ME

6 months? No way is she done growing. I would say she will be on the smaller side coming in at 25lbs @ 6 months... but she still has 3-6 months of growth and filling her body out to go.

Her food intake may have gone down some if she has sore teeth... you're right in the teething stage at 6 months.

Good Luck!

Ken

SP180

She has lost all her baby teeth already. I hope she stays little, since my wife wanted a beagle and this will be about the same size.