Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cpinkert

Duluth Bowhunter Education Class

7 posts in this topic

FYI, there is another Bowhunter Education Class scheduled for March 12, 19, and 26 at Gander Mountain in Duluth. This class wasn't listed until recently and I was the first one to sign up (they will cancel it if more people don't sign up). The next closest one to Duluth is in Carlton in April I believe.

Anyway, get the word out. If you plan on hunting in the Duluth City Hunt you need this class.

-Chris

I'm planning on being there. It seems to me I may have taken an advanced bowhunting class years ago. I don't know if that would qualify me for the Duluth city hunt or not. Here is a link to the DNR website with info on statewide bowhunter education classes. I see the 3/12 date but not the others you mentioned cpin, maybe they haven't gotten around to posting them yet.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/safety/bowhunter/index.html#

When I called GM and registered, I was told the class is 3 nights, the 12th, the 19th, and the 26th. Hopefully, I'm wrong, because I really don't want to spend 3 nights on this.

We have some people from Duluth coming to the one at Chilakoot Bowhunters on March 22. This is about a 2 hour drive from Duluth.

The post for this is just a few down from this one.

We could maybe get you all together to car pool for this one day class.

Good idea, but I don't think I would do it. I don't want to kill a weekend on this thing, nor do I want to drive two hours to get to it...

I drove six hours round trip for mine a few years ago. It was worth it to me! There's 10 deer that wish I never did it though.

Take the Bow Ed class even if they may be an inconvience for you at the time, it'll pay off in the long run. Quite a few other states require it if you want to bow hunt them. I'm hoping Minnesota will require it in the future.

Per cpinkert 1st post, you folks that are taking the class just to get into the Duluth hunt, as an fyi, sounds like any new hunters are going to be put on a waiting list to get into the hunt. Heard the hunt is maxed out with hunters. Just relaying what I heard so, if it's true, you don't get too disappointed if you can't get in right away.