Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zamboni

Boofs Weight

14 posts in this topic

Guess when Boof got to camp all the other players could hardly recognize him- he lost 30 lbs in the offseason. I think Boof should be the ace for a season and see what happens.

I like boof. Did a great job two seasons ago, then last season kind of had a few problems. hopefully he can turn it around. I really like the way he goes after hitters.

I like boof too, lets see if he can handle going past the 5th inning now.

BOOOOOF - hopefully he can keep it together and not wear out late in games...maybe the loss of weight will help towards his stamina.

i think hes going to have a great season. The man is commited to the game of baseball, any by getting into shape, is only going to help him out.

Loosing 30lbs will help his stamina. Hopefully he can keep the weight off as the season progresses - hard to do when you travel a lot.

yea all those buffets I hear about in the clubhouse sound awesome.

now hes eating fruit instead.

Eating Fruits?

I thought you were talking about some of the Cubbies up in "Boys Town". They eat a lot of fruits up there, right GENO??? LOL

Windy

I ran into Boof a couple weeks ago at a baseball convention, and he probably lost more than that. He is thin.

I sure hope the loss of weights doesn't take away from his velocity...

According to today ST. Paul PP, he has added velocity.

Yes, hopefully Boof can regain the form he showed in the second half of 06. He was a solid starter usually good for 7 strong innings during that time.

I like his stuff, he has a great curveball and throws fairly hard. He also seems to go right at hitters and when he is on, that's a good thing. He has high strikeout rates. Hopefully this weight loss helps him stay consistent and he can have a breakout year, cause if he doesn't, there are lots of young pitcher in our system right now that want a shot.

You have to root for a guy like Boof. I think he will become the pitcher he was meant to be.

Like --

4.15 ERA 14 wins and 170 Ks.

That is not Santana-Like but very solid for any team's Number 3 starter -- maybe outside shot at 3.35 17 wins and 200 Ks -- certainly possible -- nice number 2 starter.

He did tire a lot as he entered the third and fourth innings -- that boy can sweat with the best of them -- even in KC in April.