Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neiko

Looking for info on Ollie Eiggen Crane Lake area

6 posts in this topic

Was wondering if anyone knew of Ollie or his relatives. Not sure if the spelling is right or not.

Hi there Neiko, my Dad gave me some info on Ollie Eggan and his family. Ollie was the post master of crane lake and had a house by Scott's resort. He had a son Butch Eggan who married Jackie Pohlman from the Nelson resort family. Jackie has passed away but Butch is still a guide for nelsons and should live in the cranelake area. In the early 90's Ollie lived in Virginia but am not sure about now, as he would be around 80 years old or more. Ollie was also one of the very few who wanted the park to be established. Are you a relative.

mark

Yes I am. I am heading up that way this weekend and told my dad cause I remember some talk of having some relatives upthere and he gave me the names. I think he said Ollie had passed on but thought Butch was at a resort. Thanks for the info. Never met them myself but it is always good to know a little about your relatives. My dad had 13 kids in his family so it is hard to keep track of them all. They are cousin's on my mom side of the family. If you hear anything else I would appreciate any info.

Hello Neiko, I don't know much about him myself, but I believe he was an old guide on Crane Lake. I know Butch Eggen who lives in Crane Lake which I think would be Ollie's son. Butch is a guide himself on our chain. Hope this helps some in you quest for info. What are you using the info for?? Maybe I should have asked this first.

Nothing. My dad just mentioned we had relatives upthere at one time and was curious. I don't know as much as I should about my relatives as there are a lot and many have past. Just like to find out what I can when I can.

If you do make it to cranelake, there are only two places that are open in the winter, Handbergs marine which is only a gas stop and artic cat dealer, or the voyageur lodge which is food and bar, but either of those places should be able to give you Butch's location in the area if your interested in a family reunion.