Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nate McVey

Buck chasing a doe.......

11 posts in this topic

This morning on my way to work I saw a nice 8 pt. (full headgear) with his nose right on a doe. His flag was up and he was chasing her accross the golf course looking for love. Do you think he could have been looking to breed, or was it just a coincidence?

Boy, I don't know. Anything can happen in the wild.

Its possible, she might not have been bred during the rut and he is a guy after all, looking to slip one past the goalie whenever he can!!!!

Back in the winter of 96-97 while going to college in Ely, I witnessed a buck "mount" a doe in the wintering yard up there. I don't know if she was in estrous or not but she stood for him. This all took place last week of February. So I think it possible.

Just as L-dog mentioned...He is a guy and we can't blame him. He might have missed his chance on the 1st go-around!

see it every year! Doe must not have been bred yet....gives me the itch to climb in the stand...walleye season is almost over time to start shootin again!

Originally Posted By: lawdog
he is a guy after all, looking to slip one past the goalie whenever he can!!!!

Good one lawdog!!!! \:\)

These late breeders are probably doe fawns that are coming in heat for the first time. Do the math, the fawn will be born in Sept....

That was my first thought too! Would have loved to be in the stand with that guy running around.......I slowed way down to watch for a minute, not cause I'm a perv, but because I was waiting for his headgear to drop grin.gif

I would be not surprised at all.

In 2006, I had some trail cam pictures of what I thought was a dry, very fat doe in late August. Around September she lost a lot of weight and was accompanied by two new born fawns. I never thought a doe would breed that late in the year, but I guess it happens.

That's what I have heard from everyone else I asked too. I've just never seen it in my lifetime. Thanks everyone.

He's just a deer. What else is he gonna do. Hehehehe grin.gif