Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ron Burgundy

Shelter lights

21 posts in this topic

Has anyone purchased the shelter lights from Gander? I bought the $10 string yesterday. I put the batteries in and turned them on. They worked fine, maybe not bright enough but if not I'd return them. 10 min later I smelled this strong plastic smell. The battery had melted through the bottom of the flashlight piece? It's definitely going back. Any recommendations for lighting my 4-man Ice Cube?

Besthongkong led strips are the best and brightest that I have seen. I've used the pucks from Northern Tool too; they are decent for the price, just not as bright, durable or waterproof as the 12volt LED strips. The rope lights are dim in comparison to both mentioned above.

LB

I have the Besthonkong and as blueroof said they are the best I've seen. I have two strips in my house and usually only use one.

BHK is the way to go.

Here's two BHK strips in my Fish Trap Guide, and the amount of lighting they put out...bright enough to read.

LEDlight.jpg

LEDlight4.jpg

I use the ( led lights) with a gel type battery. battery will last for better than 8hrs & the lights are bright they can light a 10' by 15' room

Another vote for Best of Hong kong. I had the cheap ones from Gander, no comparison! BHK are about 50 times brighter!

I will go with everybody else BHK lights. I have 2 strings in my 7 X 14 and they work better then the ones I had in there and the battery lasts a lot longer.

Do you have to get them from their website or are they sold around Roch any where?

I remember someone saying that Lake Ripley Bait and Tackle in Litchfield,MN was selling them, maybe give them a call. Otherwise you'll need to order them from the BHK web site. It takes a month to get them, so if you are looking for something for this year you might be better off picking up a puck style at either Northern Tool or Fleet Farm.

I got mine off the website.

I think delivery is running a little quicker these days from BHK.

Not sure if Lake Ripley has then in stock anymore.

Mine took two weeks.

3 BHK strands are lighting my 6.5 X 17 fish house. I love them! Only problem is, I've already lost a couple of LEDs off each one. It's a little disapointing, but they still put out a great amount of light. The house also has regular RV type lights in it, but when compared to the BHK strands, there's no comparison. BHK win HANDS DOWN! I can't even use the RV lights anymore \:o

Mine also took about 2 weeks back in October. I think they were on back order when everyone was waiting a month or more to get theirs.

I picked up the ones at Northern Tool last night after work and I think they'll do just fine! Thanks for the input though guys.

Originally Posted By: Ron Burgundy
I picked up the ones at Northern Tool last night after work and I think they'll do just fine! Thanks for the input though guys.

I ran three of the Northern lights in my Otter Lodge on a trip to Red a few weeks ago. Two in front over the holes, one in back.

Plenty of light, though I may go to 4 lights. The batts that come with the lights are lame and only last a few hrs.

hovermn: When I got my 2 strings of lights from bhk 3 bulbs were out. I sent them pictures and they are sending me another set. FREE Now I have 3.

What is the part or order number for the Besthongkong led strips?

BMS48W for the 48cm white strips (most here have 2 of these), and BMS96W for the 96cm white strips.

Originally Posted By: Nutty Fisherman
hovermn: When I got my 2 strings of lights from bhk 3 bulbs were out. I sent them pictures and they are sending me another set. FREE Now I have 3.

That's great news! Thanks for letting me know! Hopefully they'll support my issue as well. \:\)