Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishuhalik

kohlmier lake in owatonna

8 posts in this topic

hey guys, i use to go to school in owatonna and fished kohlmier a few times, usually got a couple of decent pike outta there. Just wondering if the lake is still producing at all?

I fish it a few times each winter as its only a few blocks from the house. Same thing every time, nothing but stunted sunnies and a few tiny crappies. I'm sure there are bigger fish in there, but they seem to be tough to catch.

There are still some nicer pike in there, and some largemouth bass. Every once in a while you see a walleye. For the most part just a lot of stunted crappies and sunnies.

I only went down there twice this winter, one time after crappies and just like the previous posts they were all small. Great to keep the kids busy if that's what you're looking for. The send time I was after pike, not even one flag. Not sure what the deal is, I was surprised to not even have a hit.

i was out there twice this year fishing for pike go 3 pike and one small walleye

but last year we cought 4 eyes the bigest 5lbs

lots of little sunneys

I never got any eyes outta the lake, and no real big pike, biggest was maybe 10lbs. I remember we never got many pike out there, usually a couple a day, but I was surprised at the average size, i'd say about 5lbs.

Average size 5 lbs? Biggest 10 lbs? No real big pike???? What u looking for???? 30 lbs? jeez.... That would be good for most of us.....

I think growing up in northern mn, i got kinda spoiled! Like I said earlier, though, we didn't get many, maybe a couple a day, and I usually use the biggest suckers, the ones that are right under the decoys.