Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Whopper Stopper

MarCum or Vex in the boat.

3 posts in this topic

Do some of you use your MarCum or Vex in your boats? I have my Lowrance 332 in the boat mounted on the dash. I was wondering how many also have a flasher and if you do where do have it mounted and where do you have your transducer? Just wondering if there would be an advantage to having both. Thanks for any help or tips!

WS

I have a graph at the console and used to use a flasher in the bow with the transducer attached to the bottom of the trolling motor. When I upgraded my trolling motor, I got a MinnKota with a universal transducer and bought a FishMark 480 for the bow. I like the history of the graph better than the flasher. Either one will tell you when you come to the edge of the break with the bow of the boat, if you see fish on the bow flasher/graph keep move forward to get your bait to the fish and with two sonars you cover more area.

I have one on the bow but I also run it in conjuction with a graph. Then I have history and real time. Throw a jig on and it is just like icefishing without the ice.