Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wanger29

Movil/Turtle anyone fish there?

4 posts in this topic

I recall seeing a post awhile back regarding access to each lakes. Has anyone hit them? I plan on coming there myself shortly and hitting Movil just for 1 evening and 1 morn.. Just checking to see if there's much activity on lake???

I live on Movil and fish both lakes fairly regularly. Depending on what you are looking to fish for you should be able to find something biting on one of the lakes. If you come up before pike season ends, any break on Turtle will produce fish. There is not a public access on Movil however but access to Turtle doesn't seem to be a problem. Good luck fishin'.

I did some spearing on Turtle earlier in the season and yeah, there's definitely fish there. Never went out and didn't see something. I haven't angled out there yet but there were a good number of houses out there in Dec. into early Jan., but I haven't been out there recently to see how it's going.

Buck

What about pressure? I'll be fishing just off South Movil Road, fishing strictly Movil. Unfortunately pike & walleye will not be the objective,(outta season). I've only fished open water and this will be first time on ice. I'm over-anxious cause I can't imagine too many others on the lake?