Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mille lacs muskie bum

weekend report

7 posts in this topic

i was out with my family over the past weekend and fishin was slow but the weather was also bad. we ended up with around 20 eyes and ten keepers filled our limits. all kept were between 16 and 17 inches. only a few over and the biggest was 18. lots of small ones. three crappies between 13.5 and 14.5 were a pleasent sight to see comin up the hole. 5 perch and a few missed pike were also a surprise. the wind was howlin and drifted our trucks in. best bite by far was between 1:30 and 6:30 in the afternoon. only 6 eyes and two crappies were caught in the middle of the night. lots of lookers but not many takers. best lures were green and red frostees, red and blue rattling varmints, and a pink gamakatsu.

Went out of Hillmans in one of Pat Fosters houses on Fri thru Mon. between 4 guys caught 19 walleyes, 5-6 northerns, 5 crappies, 10 perch. Seemed like the bite was better when there was daylight. Maybe a hr or 2 after sunset then it was mainly the dead sea. 3 nights and maybe 2-3 reels went off??

Hey Johnny P how did you like the launch off the pressure ridge?? I thought it was a drift because it was all smooth from the snow so I throttled the truck and about 10 ft from hitting it I yelled "thats that ridge oh S???!! You guys were out fixing the road when I did it.

How far out were you?

a little bit past the 6 mile marker

Stayed with Chad Benson off the south shore, Sunday to Tuesday. From noon on Sunday until 4 p.m. Monday it was SLOW. 4 eyes, a perch and a northern. Then at 4 on Monday, POW, it was like someone hit a switch, the walleyes became very aggressive. Didn't get much sleep monday night pulling in fish. Not many keepers, most were in the 19"-21" range, with 2 of them just under 24". A good problem to have. They boys were still pulling them in on rattle reels while my buddy and I were loading the truck. Made it tough to leave. Chad runs a great operation and I would recommend him to anyone.

Originally Posted By: tnutter

Hey Johnny P how did you like the launch off the pressure ridge?? I thought it was a drift because it was all smooth from the snow so I throttled the truck and about 10 ft from hitting it I yelled "thats that ridge oh S???!! You guys were out fixing the road when I did it.

You had some air on that one. I looked over and thought oh no thats gonna hurt. You had to be at a 45 degree angle as the rear tires dug in and climbed you even higher. Definetly something that should have been on tape!

Was out of Hillmans Friday around noon,6 mile went right 2.5 miles. Bite was slow. Got 1 nice perch, 8keeper eyes , one over 20" 3,18"to 19" that was it.Good time . The ice heave was loud and felt like a earth quake. Wes P.S. I allso want to thank the Guys for plowing a new road around the crack.Good Job!