Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yukon

neglige

13 posts in this topic

Anybody go into neglige in the winter time? If so what route and how are you doing this year in there

Oh boy you may have opened a can of worms. Keep it clean everyone. grin.gif

Yukon, folks DO make the trip. It's supposed to be good there, but I have not gone myself.

I have been to Neglige, but not for many years. Originally it was planted with rainbows, and while they were still in there, it was a great place to fish. Have not heard of any of the old buddies going that way lately. In the winter, it was the thing to do to set up on the west end of Knife, fish a day for lakers, take a day to trip to Neglige and finish a day at Knife. Should be able to get there straight from Vera, though I've gone in from Trader as well. That's a long trip unless you're sled doggin' it.

I just looked at the DNR Lake Finder and see that they have been stocking it with brookies at least until 2005. They list the only access as from Trader.

I thought the best access to neglige would be from Victoria's Secrets. grin.gif

grin.gif I knew someone would go there.

I just couldn't resist cool.gif

The blowdown in 99 really changed things up there. A couple of the old routes are no longer passable, and Trader is the best way in.

Personally, I haven't fished it since prior to the blowdown.

If you do end up going let us know. We've always gone up to the west end of Knife and talked about neglige and wondered if it would be fun and worthwhile to do for a change.

I will let you know I have a weeks vacation the last week of march so I am planning on going then.

shhhhhhh. If you take the wrong portage you still wind up in a good lake grin.gif.

Was in there in spring of 97 caught nothing but a buzz