Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
icefishing21

orchard lake

6 posts in this topic

anyone been catching anything on orchard

yes i have out in 30 feet of water

Seems like there is a new thread about Orchard every week. I would do search on the metro area forum first. I think you'll find a few already that may help you out.

I was out on Orchard from 11:00 pm fri till 8:00pm sun. Fri night. lots of fish on the vexilar. caught a lot of crappies, most of them small. The fish stopped biting around 2am. took a nap, got up at 5am. The fish started coming in around 5:30am. lots of fish,again most were samll.Fish quite bitting around 10am.took another nap and got up at 2pm, fish came in around dark,again most were small. We caught fish till around midnight then they quite bitting again.Went to sleep sat night at 3am got up at 5am sun. no fish most of the day. I think the weather change shut the fish down. caught 3 nice crappies right at dark on sun. Not a bad weekend fishing. we caught a lot of crappies most were small but it was fun. Between three people we kept 12.

So if you are looking to catch a lot of keeper fish I'd try a different lake. The wind was blowing some pretty good snow drifts on the lake I had to help push some guys car that was stuck at the access off the lake.

Originally Posted By: eyes05
yes i have out in 30 feet of water

I've had good luck out deep also but have yet to catch a keeper

fishin789 glad to here you caught some keepers you sure did put your time in for them

good thing lubey, maybe you should try fishing mith me sometime